Holiday 150 mile Challenge

Options

Replies

• wlkn4him
    wlkn4him Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Great idea.
    Goal: 100 running miles, 50 elliptical miles
    From 11/25 through 12/1, I've logged 20.89 running miles. 79.11 to go.

I'm Chrissy. I'm a teacher trying hard to stay out of the lounge and away from the treats. I'm married to a Marine and a natural runner and I have to work hard to keep up with him. I gained after our last move (to Japan in January) and spent the summer getting back into shape. Now that I'm close to my weight goal, I want to focus on new challenges in running. I use Nike Plus and love it but am looking forward to this additional motivation. Let's get moving!:happy:
  • pandy123
    pandy123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    From 11/26-12/1 I have completed 12 miles! My goal is 150 miles for this month. 138 miles left to go!! Woo hoo!!!! :)
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Got in 1 mile during lunch, plan to complete more after work.

exercise.png
  • doug2691
    Options
    12 + 3 ran 2.5 bike (9.7) total = 17.5 only 132.5 to go!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    17.13 (Previous) plus today's 3.03 = 20.16
    79.84 to go. :)

Great job Esorcel, Doug, Pandy, Chrissy and Jessica! :)

Chrissy, when I saw that you had logged 20.89 running miles I was in awe, and thought "what a badass!" Then I checked my own total and saw that I was at 17.13 during the same time period. Not too shabby! I was so surprised to see I'm holding my own, so to speak. Tonight's miles were just a walk though. If not for this challenge, I'm pretty sure I would have remained planted on the couch. It was a gorgeous evening to be out and about!
  • wlkn4him
    Options
    17.13 (Previous) plus today's 3.03 = 20.16
    79.84 to go. :)

Great job Esorcel, Doug, Pandy, Chrissy and Jessica! :)

Chrissy, when I saw that you had logged 20.89 running miles I was in awe, and thought "what a badass!" Then I checked my own total and saw that I was at 17.13 during the same time period. Not too shabby! I was so surprised to see I'm holding my own, so to speak. Tonight's miles were just a walk though. If not for this challenge, I'm pretty sure I would have remained planted on the couch. It was a gorgeous evening to be out and about!

Thanks Melissa! Love to see others motivated and to myself be motivated by others. I truly believe this is why so many people using MPF are so successful. You're rockin' it girl! Keep it up!

I added a 3.14 mile run this afternoon. 24.03 total. 75.97 running miles to go. Motivated, dedicated!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Awesome! Are you considering raising your goal to 150? I bet you could hit it!
    (And couldn't agree more - the positive attitudes on here go a loooong way in keeping me motivated). :wink:
  • esorcel
    Options
    Walked 1 mile during lunch yesterday, and 2.5 miles earlier today, for an additional 3.5 miles.

exercise.png
  • esorcel
    Options
    Got in 3 miles this morning!

exercise.png
  • pandy123
    Options
    I have completed another 3 miles, bringing my total to 15 miles. My goal is 150 miles. Now i only have135 miles to go!! :)
  • I'm in for 100! So far I've done 2.5 on the elliptical, got to keep moving!
    Do we update here every day or what?
    Thanks for the challenge! :)
  • wlkn4him
    Options
    Previous total: 24
    Pushed through a 2 hour run/walk this afternoon to add 10 miles. Whew!
    34 down, 66 to go.
    I think I might start on those 50 elliptical miles tomorrow.
    Enjoy the weekend everyone!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Previous total 20.16 + 1.7 (yesterday's walk) = 21.86

Wasn't really "feeling it' but 1.7 was better than nothing. Followed up by some zumba and kickboxing. I'll get to that 100, yes I will! :)
  • wlkn4him
    Options
    +7 miles on the elliptical. 43 elliptical miles and 66 running miles to go.
  • esorcel
    Options
    Added 3 miles this morning. Hoping to get in at least 2 more later.

exercise.png
  • esorcel
    Options
    I'm in for 100! So far I've done 2.5 on the elliptical, got to keep moving!
    Do we update here every day or what?
    Thanks for the challenge! :)

I update whenever I have additional miles to add. It helps me to remember how far I have walked. If you don't want to record every miles here, it may be helpful to keep an exercise journal.
  • jheat1122
    jheat1122 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    got a quite busy and distracted from this goal, but thought i'd check out the board. Everyone is doing a great job!! Large bits of the goal down, and not even that far into December! I think I must make myself get out there tomorrow!!
  • mcole711
    Options
    Sorry I just found this! Count me in for the 150. I have done 56 miles so far. Adding another 10.5 miles tomorrow!
  • wlkn4him
    Options
    +4 mile run for a total of 38 so far. 62 running miles and 43 elliptical miles left.
    I was also not feeling it today and I probably wouldn't have pushed through if I didn't have this challenge in the back of my mind. So, thank you all for the motivation today. Keep it up friends!
  • pandy123
    Options
    I completed another 9 miles of running!!!! My goal is 150 miles total. 126 more miles to go!!!! :)