It's hard to believe I weigh over 300 lbs.

Options
I was just doing dishes and I stand so much closer than I use to. My back doesn't hurt when I do dishes and exercise. My tee-shirt hangs loose. That is awesome! However when I look in he mirror or take a shower, oh yeah, I weigh over 300.

Replies

• UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Hey - you're doing great! :flowerforyou: Keep up the good work!:glasses:
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    The fact that your trying to lose it and taking time out of your day to log onto MFP is awesome! Keep up the hard work, it'll pay off in due time! You've made GREAT progress thus far!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    You are moving in the right direction. It takes time. :flowerforyou:
  • qtwells82
    Options
    You are doing fantastic! Its just a number....you are making all the right choices and look at how much you lost already! It takes time...but is so worth it! :flowerforyou:
  • gussmi
    gussmi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You are doing great and moving in the right direction. Just remember that weight lost and changing your lifestyle takes time. But it is worth it. Keep it going and keep checking in. You have supporters here!!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    It does not matter what the scale says. What matters is how YOU feel. And if you are feeling better, clothes are fitting looser and you are in better spirits emotionally that you are already a success story. Just keep doing what you are doing. I have a lot of weight to shed to but I know that we both can do it!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm not down about it. I am disappointed that I allowed myself to get so big. At one time it was close to 400 lbs. Incredible! Every little victory is uplifting. Yesterday I did 2 hours and 5 minutes of cardio. That wasn't possible on January 1, 2010. I would have keeled over at about 30 minutes.

It will be great to break that 300 lb. mark though I will have quite a bit more to lose. I'm already looking past that. Thinking that clicking past that 250 lb. mark will definitely be a highlight. Heck, mentally I'm there. Just have to follow through.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    You are beautiful and perfect today. As you are. This is an amazing place to be. You are not a work in progress. You are perfect. Love yourself. Comfort and love yourself through this journey.

Charmagne
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    This is great! Your back is already thanking you. You can probably bend over and get something from the floor. Imagine for a minute how your joints are going to thank you later!!! People that are real heavy can't do things more as they age because of all that weight ruining the joints! Your knees and hips and ankles thank you too!!! GREAT JOB!

My ankle was swelling from an old injury at my starting weight this summer. I thought I'd have to live with it forever. Know what? It never swells anymore!! Lets keep it up!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I know it can be discouraging when you have so much weight to lose but we have to think positive and believe in ourselves and take it one small goal and victory at a time. I was going through some old notebooks and I noticed a goal chart to lose weight that I had set up for myself about 3 months ago, obviously I didn't follow through. I thought to myself, If I had followed though and stuck with it, 3 months would have passed and I would be thinner by now, but I didn't. My point is, like me, don't give up and waste another 3 months and procrastinate, stick with your program, keep going and another 3 months will have passed and guess what...This time you will have been on plan AND have lost weight AND be thinner AND feel so much better about yourself! Actually, 3 months goes by pretty quick. Your doing great, 27 pounds is almost 3 bags of potatoes, go to the store and carry that around for awhile! Keep up the good work and as painful as it is, one day at a time is all you can really worry about. **BUT.....ALWAYS keep that mental image of yourself insight when you will have reached your goal weight. Remember, we will get there together. BELIEVING IS SEEING!!!!!!!!! Good Luck!
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Stay positive and positve will follow you. You're doing great with your journey so far. Every little bit helps.:bigsmile: