Almost 30, single, and need to lose....Friends Plz?

Options
Hello! I am not exactly new to this, but needing to recommit to the process! I could give a list of excuses, but I am not going to waste your time, or pretend that it isn't completely my fault that I can't seem to stick to this....
Anyway, I am a 29 yr old female, and I am looking to shed at least 85-90lbs. I am 5 foot 9 inches, and I would love to have some friends with similar stats, or some ladies who have started in the same place I have...and succeeded!

Replies

• wyndielund
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 34, and need to lose about 60 pounds. I work out 6 days a week and love to talk about workouts and food. I think the more I talk about working out and eating right the easier it is to do it!!
  • fedup30
    fedup30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 34, and need to lose about 60 pounds. I work out 6 days a week and love to talk about workouts and food. I think the more I talk about working out and eating right the easier it is to do it!!

FR sent! I could use some motivation to get in those workouts!
  • fedup30
    Options
    bump...Anyone?? Active friends would be so great, and motivating!
  • __Amazeballs__
    Options
    I'm a 34 male, 5' 11" with another 50 ish pounds to lose. Started tracking (again) back in the 2nd week in January and have shed about a 1/3 of my goal.

No secrets here other than being consistent with tracking, working out lightly, and staying honest (no cheat meals). I'm always looking for additional accountability. :smile:
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!
    I’ve been walking 2.6 miles daily with my Siberian husky dog tater and just restarted my fitness journey again 14 days ago. Tater may look handsome and fluffy but he has the soul of a Jillian Michaels. Every morning at 0500 its “Are you going to take me out, or are you going to be sorry that you didn’t take me out?” He always wins. And at the dog park its “throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball!” or he barks at me. My friends play with him too so I don’t get yelled at. Now Tater’s barking at them too. And every night “Let’s kick the soccer ball around the house!” Although he’s 70 in dog years, Tater has a youthful physique and is indefatigable. If I could get myself down to two cups of dog kibble daily, I’d be as fit and youthful as him.
    Fifteen days ago on PBS, Dr. Mark Hyman inspired me to quit sugar, gluten and wheat. (He, Fuhrman, and Virgin all are against these so I’m starting with the substances most hit on!)) I replaced them with veggies, fruits, quinoa and oatmeal. I feel a tad hungry but look and feel 10 years younger. It’s not surprising that I’m much less hungry. All the good stuff is on the do not eat list!
    I learned about myfitnesspal on February 20th and started logging food and exercise the next day. My cell phones’ S-health app counts my steps so I input the calories I’ve burnt and my meals. I am eating well, but noticed that I consume too much sodium when I eat prepared or frozen foods, soup and cheese.
    Last Sunday I started high intensity interval training of sprint for 30 seconds, rest for 60 10 times. Altogether I look and feel firmer especially in my thighs and across my ribs and lost 7 pounds. My boss and co-workers are noticing and commenting on the difference! Your blog said to reward myself, so I’m going to purchase that figure flattering blazer that I have been eying!
    I want to lose 85 pounds and figure that if I am perfect that will take 43 weeks. So next Easter, I’m wearing my size 5 dress!
  • jlib989
    Options
    I don't have the exact same situation but I am trying to loose weight (40lbs total, already down 10lbs). I love logging in everyday and commenting on progress all of my friends make! Please add me if you would like!
  • lforesta1
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5 ft 8 and 210 lbs. This is the heaviest I have been in my life. I'm an ex-athlete, and have a very difficult time doing workouts for myself. (before, it was always about the team and not letting them down.) I'm looking for "team weight loss"... or something like that.. I just started the P90x workouts, (day 2) which is about an hour a day 6 days a week. I'm looking to lose about 60 lbs, cause i like to carry the muscle and curves.
  • fedup30
    Options
    Thanks guys! I know not everyone is in the "Exact" same boat as me...add me, great! I will do what I can to give support!
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'll be 29 in 2 weeks. I'm needing to loose bout 30lbs.. I"m 5'3 and I love to talk bout work outs and eating healthy... I also work out 6 times a week if not 7 times... Your can friend me if you would like to...
  • GetFitForAJ
    GetFitForAJ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and 183 pounds. Feel free to add me.
  • fedup30
    Options
    Thanks guys! Keep em' coming! Anyone willing to share their wisdom, humor, activity, food diary's, sarcasm....whatever you got!
  • ibjent
    ibjent Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 and for most of my life have been over weight. In August of 2004 with 201 lbs on my 5'2 frame I decided to do something. I got my hands on a WW points finder and made myself a copy, because there just wasn't enough cash to go to meeting. Learning what I could from those who went and exercising 6 days a week, I lost 84 pounds in about 9 months. I kept it off for about 5 years, but slowly it began to creep back up. Stress and an unhappy work environment didn't help but the fact that I was on my feet walking almost the entire day helped keep some of it down. Now, I have a job where I mostly sit. I would like to loose around 30lbs and I need to get back into exercising. I did the C25K back in August and ran a 5K in November, came down with the worst cold I have ever had the next day and haven't ran since. I too could use some encouragement... I know I can, it's just getting my mind, body and mouth on the same page that I'm trying to overcome!