Almond Milk - which one and why?

Options
Just curious, who uses almond milk (or any alternative milk)? Which one do you use and why?

Just looking for my best options. Thanks!

Replies

• Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I use Silk Soy Milk more than almond, soy has more protein. I use the unsweetened kind.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I use Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened vanilla and the vanilla light. It's just my preference
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I use Almond Milk because it is good and I am lactose intolerant. I use the "original unsweetened". I find no difference with brand, but the plain works in cereal with no difference, has least amount of calories and no sugar added.

FYI, the Chocolate is awesome also as a treat :)
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I use Silk Pure Almond Dark Chocolate. I don't drink it by itself, just use it as a base in my smoothies.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Just curious, who uses almond milk (or any alternative milk)? Which one do you use and why?

Just looking for my best options. Thanks!

Make your own almond milk and cut out the carrageenan.
  • AelaHeissen
    Options
    I use Blue Diamond or Alpro, both unsweetened. They're the lowest calorie milk replacements I've found. Wouldn't recommend as a cold drink but good if you want healthier porridge, coffee or hot chocolate etc
  • nmtGurl
    nmtGurl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I like unsweetened (plain or vanilla) Silk Almond. Silk brand does not have Carrageenan in it. For me, that stuff gives me IBS symptoms, especially if it's in ice cream :-(
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I use Almond Breeze because there's usually a sale or coupon where we shop. My husband and I go through about 4 cartons a week, so price is definitely my main priority! But I have tried the Silk and enjoyed the taste and texture more than others I've tried.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Any brand that has added calcium, because too many people who use it aren't getting enough.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    simple truth plain
    Not very sweet not too thick and I can get it at A discount store in town
  • mufamuscles
    Options
    Friendly Farms vanilla unsweetened from Aldi because it's cheap. :)
  • bwd72
    bwd72 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm kind of a fan of the hybrid coconut/almond milk. Hard to find, though. I think it's a bit tastier, and about the same calories.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I like the Silk Dark Chocolate Almond and the Silk Chocolate Soy. I use the Almond in my coffee, and soy in smoothies and shakes. ^_^
  • johnsonb0921
    johnsonb0921 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Silk Original Unsweetened Almond Milk. 30 calories for 8oz, has a nice nutty flavor when drinking alone or in coffee/cereal/oatmeal, etc, is virtually undetectable when using it in cooking. I prefer the flavor over soy milk, which is a little "beany" tasting...
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    What on earth is carrageenan?!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i use blue diamond unsweetened vanilla. 30 calories for 8 oz. thats why. sometimes i use trader joes unsweeteened vanilla but thats 40 calories. lol.
  • briannanoelg
    Options
    Almond breeze vanilla. Yummy!
  • Alphreia
    Alphreia Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Earth's Own Almond Fresh, in either Vanilla or Original. Haven't tasted the unsweetened kind yet. I was kind of surprised to see refrigerated almond milk at my grocery store, so I think it's pretty new, tried it and fell in love. <3
    Usually I wouldn't drink almond milk (or any type of milk) by itself, but I've started making exceptions for that one.
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of a fan of the hybrid coconut/almond milk. Hard to find, though. I think it's a bit tastier, and about the same calories.

This sounds amazing! I am going to have to look for it!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I use Blue Diamond almond milk, I use the original unsweetened one to minimize sugar intake. I prefer the Blue Diamond, I think it tastes better than the Silk brand.