c25k starting next week. Anyone with me?

Options
I'm a long time runner who has fallen off the wagon so to speak and I plan on using the c25k program to build up my speed and distance back up in advance of the summer months. Anyone interested in starting with me? I could really use a virtual running buddy or buddies.

Replies

• monitosmommy
    Options
    i just started today 30 min ago!!! finish my w1d1... never like running but read thsi prohram and seems easy.. but is being hard !!! lets see what happens....
  • LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I am going to be starting this tomorrow. Add me if you want. Did two weeks last year then pulled a muscle. Have the fear of how hard it is going to be.
  • emilyasdf
    emilyasdf Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I will! I've been tossing around the idea of starting for a little while now. I have no prior running experience. Someone last week told me about c25k and today this post came up, maybe it's a sign to start!
  • candythorns
    candythorns Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yes I want to start next week too!
  • RadScorp
    RadScorp Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've just started the Zombies Run 5k app, so I'm definitely up for some fellow running buddies :D (even if we're not doing exactly the same program!)
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    starting wk7!! :D Good luck everyone!
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm a long time runner who has fallen off the wagon so to speak and I plan on using the c25k program to build up my speed and distance back up in advance of the summer months. Anyone interested in starting with me? I could really use a virtual running buddy or buddies.

Hi! I'm just starting week 2 of C25K. I'm brand new to running. I've tried to start programs in the past but I'm in love with this app! It is so simple and so basic which is exactly what I needed :)

I'd love to have a running partner, especially an experienced runner ????
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    on w2d2! training for 1st 5K in August.
  • adopp062715
    adopp062715 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am just like you! I have run a couple of half marathons and did a marathon last year and pretty much stopped running completely. I just completed W1D1 today.
  • bradXdale
    Options
    I have the C25K & Zombies Running App.

I only run every other day though...I could start to do it every day in the mornings...

Count me in!
  • krisnatm
    krisnatm Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting this in 2 weeks. Feel free to add me!
  • kwlmson
    Options
    I'm interested, but have a couple questions. I don't want to run outside yet as snow, ice isn't always cleared. Can I do this on my treadmill?
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on Week 7 (Day 3 scheduled for tonight!)

Plug for the C25K forum. Helpful advice, motivational stories, check in threads, etc. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/47-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k-
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm interested, but have a couple questions. I don't want to run outside yet as snow, ice isn't always cleared. Can I do this on my treadmill?

Absolutely. I'm on week 7 and I've done it all on the treadmill. I've done some reading and I may need to repeat the last few weeks once I transition to outside (but based upon the weather here, that won't be for another few months!!)
  • lil_bit_crazy
    lil_bit_crazy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I started today!
    Annnnd I stopped today.
    I have a medical issue and thought I'd push it. Now I'm in agony and there is nothing I can do to help it.
    But good luck!!!
  • hunnybcs
    hunnybcs Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in with you guys! I didn't try running until last year-LOVED IT but got off track. Would definitely love to have running buddies to compare notes with. Anyone out from SC-charleston area?
  • aprilyankee
    aprilyankee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I hate running, but nothing else gets me/keeps me in shape like running. I had to give it up in the past due to injuries. I actually started back in January, but I'm going really super slow to prevent injuries. I'd love to join. I signed up for a 5k in mid March. Whether or not I run the whole thing is still up in the air. I've been running inside, jogging around the house or running in place thus far. One of my weight loss rewards is a new treadmill which I plan to get this weekend.
  • jgnickel
    jgnickel Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 2 Day 2. I've always hated running, but I really like this prgram!! The time just flies by.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Graduated last year. Running at least 1 race per month this year. Anyone can add me if they like.