Bio Oil

Options
eillamarie
eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
I have a tone of bright red marks that I'm desperately trying to get rid of. Even though I'm young and my skin isn't dry I've been prone to them since hitting puberty. I've used Bio Oil but not on a consistent enough basis to really see results. Anyway, I'm determined to use it on a regular basis from now on, but I'm wondering if there is a less expensive alternative that anybody has had a lot of success with?

Also, even after losing 12lbs new ones have cropped up, in places I've never gotten them before, WTF!! Insight?

Replies

• nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I really like bio oil. I have not found anything else that I noticed a difference with. Not to say bio oil is the cure all but I have seen a difference with using it unlike other products.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I use grapeseed oil for deep hydration and it's about $5 for 20 ounces. My opinion and much research has shown that these topical treatments only go so far to help, but I do have to say that my skin is recovering nicely and moisterized skin is healthy skin, so it certainly has helped to some extent. The best way to hydrate your skin is drinking lots of water though. :) Hope you find this helpful. :)
  • daybanks
    daybanks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter. I used to have stretch marks on my sides and now you can barely see them. I also just had a baby and my belly looks the same as it did before I got pregnant. I smoothed cocoa butter on it every morning. You should try it!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'll get a small bottle of Bio Oil and some of that Palmer's Cocoa Butter and use them both and hopefully it'll help a little. I know they'll never go away no matter what I do, and I've come to accept that, but they're really embarrassing when they're magenta :(
  • I have used Bio Oil, Mederma for scars, Mederma for stretch marks, other scar creams, cocoa butter, cocoa oil, chea butter... everything. I think Mederma for stretch marks worked the best. And then I started using Ester C and other vitamin C things for your face. Super exensive, but I think I've noticed a difference. My skin is so horrible though... The parts of my stomach where there are stretch marks are bumby. Like they don't hold the fat in as well as the rest of my skin... Like cellulite, but in my skin instead of the underlying connective tissue :(
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I tried to use Bio Oil during my first pregnancy but I'm allergic to lavender and couldn't. As if my stomach wasn't already sensitive enough, the smell made me want to throw up even more!

I'm going to try the Yes to Blueberries moisturizer. It's an anti-aging line that is supposed to promote natural collagen production. Hopefully it'll help!
  • Ohh thats a good idea I haven't thought of yet! I love Yes to Carrots, and I use it on my skin as a general moisturizer, and tried it on my stretch marks for a while when I ran out of Mederma while I was on vacation and couldn't buy anymore. I love Yes To Carrots because it makes my skin sooo soft, I'll have to try Yes to Blueberries too! :)