Fun, addicting exercise?

Options
Hi all! I've been doing Insanity (on week 4) and I like it, but... recently I went snowboarding and am ADDICTED. I'm wondering if you guys know of any workout activities that give you that addiction feeling. I know snowboarding might not be considered an actual workout activity, but I'm hoping to find something that makes me feel the way it does :)

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Different things work for different people. You couldn't pay me to do snowboarding, or any other snow related sport ;) My 20 year old self was "addicted" to high impact aerobics and everything related, as in spending at least 2 hours per day and always looking for some new variation to try . Now once I get into a rhythm in running, I definitely feel a runner's high, like lots of other people. I have a friend whose only hobby is cycling, spending all his free time cycling, his vacations are focused on mountain bike and so on. Different people have different interests.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I really like Kettlebell workouts...and tend to prefer weight workouts over other ones not sure why. Any of the Billy Blanks JR workouts are a blast or the Madonna Grimes ones are really fun
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I've never been, but snowboarding is definitely a workout!

For me, it's spinning. Combine the right instructor with the right music and I come away with a 'high' that is unlike any other workout I do!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why anyone would think snowboarding isn't a workout....

Anyway, I'm pretty high on cycling.

A workout activity doesn't have to be a DVD and jumping around like a jack *kitten* or droning away on cardio machines...I think a lot of people think this which is why so many people have a hard time sticking to their fitness regimen...that **** is boring. I personally prefer functional exercises like playing sport (basketball, tennis, volleyball, skiing, etc) and riding my bike a lot because you're actually doing something that has a functional application...I've never really seen the point in DVD workouts personally and I loath the times when I'm forced indoors to use a cardio machine...though I do enjoy a good spin class.
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love cycling! I always do 3hrs 2x a week only because I love it so much. It relaxes me and I love biking around the lake here in Dallas. Doesnt even feel like a workout!
  • AshleyAnn9
    Options
    I'm obsessed with Zumba. My zumba teacher makes it clear that everyone needs to check their ego at the door. So no need to worry about what other people think. If you're afraid to try maybe some videos on youtube :)
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Running used to be like that for me, and I am working towards returning to that point. It was freeing and relaxing and let my mind go for a while.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I have somewhat of a softball habit. It took up 4 nights a week last season and will probably be 5 nights this season. Sunday's are double headers. Often times I find myself running, cycling and playing 2 games on Sundays. I refuse to give up any of the 3 and tend to drop the majority of my weight in the summer.
  • hellsbells3272
    hellsbells3272 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yoga for me - I love it
    Also any Les Mills classes. Bodybalance (like yoga) and Bodypump (endurance weight lifting) are my favourites - its something to do with the pumping tunes I think, that and the motivation the instructors give you - you get a fresh new choreographed workout every 3 months too.
    I also like aquazumba - that is great fun - and working out in water is good if you have injuries as the water supports your weight :)
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing!

I only trained for a couple of months before I moved, and haven't been able to find a similar program near me. I would feel like I was going to puke after every class, but still looked forward to the next one.

My husband used to be a competitive MMA fighter, so we set up an area with a heavy bag so we can work out at home. Sometimes we will take our gloves and pads to the park and work out together. It's awesome!