Pushing through that feeling of "argh!"

Options
I've only been logging since the beginning of the year and I am already feeling frustrated on and off with it. I know people on here have been logging for years, do you just push through the feeling or have a week off or what? I don't want to lose motivation.

Replies

• cjazz72
    cjazz72 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I been finding as of lately that taking a couple of steps back and re assesting what your goals and what you want to do. Like for example I have give myself weekly goals rather than a huge goal. Like this week I am focusing on keeping my sugar intake under 100 grams and just focus on doing that or I am going to walk for 30 mins a day during my break. Conquering little goals helps you conquer your ultimate goal. When it came to workouts I actually took a break from working out (like going to the gym) but I started doing was having fun activities that were physical. Like me and my gf go for a walk on the weekend and play soccer. Stuff that doesn't seem like a workout but I am getting a workout. So try to find stuff that one is fun for you and two work on mini goals for the week. See if that helps
  • sophieamhaley
    Options
    Good advice.
    I'm not sure if I'm just having a bad day but logging and staying within limits and all the rest of it is just making me feel exhausted!
  • cjazz72
    cjazz72 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Remember your human. Nobody is going to have a good log in day. If you do learn from it and try to improve on it. :happy:
  • madds2
    madds2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I try to tell myself if I don't keep doing the right things I'm going to be miserable and beat myself up again and again for not being strong! Yes logging food and working out gets old and you think .....I know what I'm eating, I know what exercise works for me ...but it can quickly get away from you and you put the weight back on. I've been doing this weight loss thing since October starting at over 200 lbs and have lost about 20 lbs with MFP have a great personal trainer and feel sooo much better. I come to this site to help me with motivation when I feel like this process is taking to long and learn from what others have to share. I've decided I want to have more "WooHoo" days than "argh" days!
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I been finding as of lately that taking a couple of steps back and re assesting what your goals and what you want to do. Like for example I have give myself weekly goals rather than a huge goal. Like this week I am focusing on keeping my sugar intake under 100 grams and just focus on doing that or I am going to walk for 30 mins a day during my break. Conquering little goals helps you conquer your ultimate goal. When it came to workouts I actually took a break from working out (like going to the gym) but I started doing was having fun activities that were physical. Like me and my gf go for a walk on the weekend and play soccer. Stuff that doesn't seem like a workout but I am getting a workout. So try to find stuff that one is fun for you and two work on mini goals for the week. See if that helps

^^ this ^^
    I found myself really cruising toward giving up last week and realized I've been spending too much time on the future and not enough time on today - so I'm back to the Just For Today thinking (there is a thread about that here somewhere) and focusing on short term goals and hopefully then I can enjoy the big picture in retrospect. As I have thought more and more about this, my mood seems to be lightening and I'm finding my positive energy again. Hang in there!