Anyone Starting P90x??

Options
Hi there,
I'm a 31 year old female I've just started P90x, (day 2) and am wondering if anyone else is currently working on it as well? If so.. friend me... I would love to know how it's working for you, or we could motivate each other, etc. About to start plyometrics, wish me luck!

Replies

• dal009
    dal009 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm actually starting today as well. I'm doing a combo of p90x and the c25k programs. I need the extra cardio to keep my blood pressure down. Good luck on plyo its tough. Doable though. BTW I'm 22 and female and friending now
  • juliegarcia22
    juliegarcia22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am as well. Starting on the lean program. I don't know how to friend on this yet. You can add me. I'm also a 30 year old mother of 2 that is having a tough time finding time for herself.
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am doing P90X3. I did P90X for 45 days but didn't get past that. You can add me as a friend!!
  • ClaireyDeexx
    ClaireyDeexx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third round of P90X. After this I am onto P90X2 and then Body Beast!! :)
  • leah_motz
    leah_motz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm starting p903 with my boyfriend today actually. Did the fit test yesterday - expecting it to be a sore week! He's done p90 programs before while this will be my first actual attempt at anything beyond doing a one-off video every now and then. Good luck!
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    I am in week 5 of p90x3.
  • manythemiles82
    manythemiles82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 2 of the Classic round of P90X. Feel free to add me as a friend for support. :)

Amy
  • GW1970
    GW1970 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    half way through p90x lean routine! its good
  • leah_motz
    leah_motz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Fattyman, what do you think of 3 so far? Are you feeling like you get enough of a calorie burn in 30 minutes? I'm trying to drop that last 10-15 pounds/drop my body fat percentage and am not sure if 30 minutes a day will get me to my goals or not.
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    3rd time through with P90X Classic. It's a great workout, and I love how my strength has been improving!

I think we're going to try P90X3 after we finish this round in April.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    Leah, personally i feel like gaining losing weight is all about what you eat.

If you care about how much muslce mass you have, you want to cut at a relatively moderate amount to help hang onto the muslce. So if your burning more through exercise, then you'd want to eat more.

if you don't care about how much muslce mass you have then you can go for the higher defecits, but be mindfull that this will likely increase the % of lean body mass you lose.

I'm incredibly pumped to try p90x3. I've done insanity, both asylums, and p90x.

i'm most excited about the dervisity of exercises in it. from what i see in the infomercials, he does NOT baby you. there are definetly moves i've never seen before in that. that will change a body.

plus, there is awful lot of talking in p90x/insanity. if they really go none stop, there is a good chance that the volume of work they ask of you isnt that far off from the longer workouts.
  • scottstephens79
    scottstephens79 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good job on making the choice for a healthier you! I started and failed this program three times before but as of this time around, I'm on week 8 of P90X and feeling great. My biggest culprit in the past had been eating properly and I think I finally have it down this time. My recommendation is to buy a HRM to accurately log your burns. As a bigger guy I was getting burns of 900+ calories per disk. Had I used the MFP guessing calculators, I probably would have way under-logged, way under-ate, and then crashed and burned by week 3 (as I had in the past). Once you have your accurate burns, do eat them back. This program is tough and you will need the energy. One last bit, don't bump up your activity level based on this program alone. If you have a desk job then, when adjusting your goals, be honest and put sedentary. You'll need the accurate activity level info or you will put weight back on during your rest days and recovery weeks.
    Just my two cents
  • Ajwilhorn
    Ajwilhorn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Finishing up week 8 this week of P90X classic. So far great results this time around. Feel free to friend me as well. Good luck and stick with it. It is difficult, but the results are so worth it.
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm two weeks into P90 and working my way into P90x. So far I've been liking it and have been getting good results. Would love more beach body routine friends.
  • urban_ninja
    urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I did P90X & P90X2. Currently in Week 8 of P90X3. After this program, I'm going to do a mix of P90X and run training. Feel free to add; I'd love to have more P90X pals.
  • PoisonElix
    PoisonElix Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me if ya want. Im finishing up week 1 of p90x. Doing the lean one. Failed to get past week one the first go round but im ready to kill this beast! Oh yea and Im working on week 3 of ZombiesRun! 5k trainer its like c25k.
  • tgirl84
    tgirl84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Starting tomorrow if anyone wants to add :)
  • julieflood87
    Options
    HEY

I had done p90x for 40 days and gave up but im gona start again tomorrow. i think my downfall was lack of motivation and not eating properly - i got lazy after my first rest week!
    i only lost 2lbs but lost inches all over so im hoping to see some results again because i need to shift some pounds! :)
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Did it back in 2008, works great in a short amount of time.
  • ivapbj
    ivapbj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started today but I'm having a hard time with the eating.