Hi my name is Lori I am over 50 but and active person.

Options
I need to lose at least,fifteen pounds. I started this plan one week ago so,far I'm trying to,eat right and use my treadmill four times or more a week. My problem is not knowing what to,eat. So far,it's oatmeal and salads I don't want to go over my 1200 calories they said I could eat . This is where I really need help. Nice to meet everyone.

Replies

• DMEckert50
    DMEckert50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Donna - I will be 50 in April. I started this program about 2 weeks ago. The first week I ate normally even though I knew I'd be over my calories, but I wanted to see what I was eating and how it was impacting me. The next week I modified my meals, making substitutions of "good" foods vs. not so good foods. Veggies are great to fill you up, and have few calories, so I eat a lot (brocolli, beans, cauliflower, carrots, etc.). I cut out sauces/gravies and used just butter on my potatoes. We switched to 1% milk instead of 2% milk. I used blended cottage cheese instead of sour cream. All these "cutbacks" help in eating better and within the 1200 calories. And yay for you on the exercise! Hope this helps.
  • Wgngirl
    Options
    When I started last week I had to many salad, lot of workout, and started to get light. Headed. Now I'm adding more protein to my diet. I want so badly to get in shape for summer.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want. Over 50 and active as well.

I have been on MFP for about 3 years and deleted my account to start fresh. My wife is now doing WW (yay!!!) so I am having to learn the stupid WW Points Plus system - which makes no freaking sense to me :-)
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Just turned 50 last week! Been on MFP for a couple of years. Fell off the wagon due to some health issues but have righted the ship and have dropped 20 pounds in the last six weeks. Feel free to add me. I'm a gym lover and log all of my meals so my diary is open for my friends to see and comment on.
  • Wgngirl
    Options
    Good for you you lost 27 pounds that's great.
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Actually, 20 pounds in the last six weeks. The first 7 are from when I started way, way back. I just never reset my starting weight.
  • hazenson
    hazenson Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Hazen and Ill be 51 in March, active here too. I do the eliptical machine 6 days a week, I get a better workout from it. I also weight train 3 days a week and throw some other stuff in when I can. Walking the dog and whatever. I love this program because it just breaks everything down so nicly that you know exactly what your taking in. Still new here too, just my 3rd week with my fitness pal. You can add me to friends also if you want