Best running shoes for women?

Options
Hey all, time for a new pair of shoes... I have funky feet that always tear a hole in my shoe where the big toe is... so I need new shoes about every 3-4 months ;(

So, any suggestions on great shoes?

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    You need to go to a running store and get fitted.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I did... that's where I bought my last pair of shoes. They did fine. Guess I just don't wanna buy the exact same pair again. Something excited about new shoes :)
  • train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like Brooks because I have bad arches. They fit like a glove. :)
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I agree with msthang. I just got new shoes last week. I splurged and got the Asics Gel Kayano 20 and they are super comfy!
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there is more than one brand of shoe that caters to your unique feet. As a note, my Brooks change style and look every year.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    You don't pick running shoes for beauty, you pick them for function.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store to be properly fitted.
    Below are a few great examples.
    running-in-heels.jpg
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    ASICS are the only running shoes that work for me!!
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    There is no such brand depending upon gender. It has to do with your feet and running style. It also involves your weight. Other factors include your arch, pronation, foot strike, surfaces you will run upon, and expected miles. Do you need a stabilty shoe? Nuetral? Cushioned?

Get the wrong shoe, you might end up with achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis, or other injury. Therefore the recommendation is to go to a place that specializes in running shoes. They should not just offer 1 model. They should tell you a type of shoe, and give you options.
  • golfmanwl
    Options
    Do yourself a huge favor and find a running store that carries Hoka's. They make a world of difference in how sore you get (or won't get by using them).
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Hey all, time for a new pair of shoes... I have funky feet that always tear a hole in my shoe where the big toe is... so I need new shoes about every 3-4 months ;(

I think you may be buying the wrong size if your big toe rubs do much. I've used asics, under armour, brooks, reebok.
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    This webpage might also be of help...

http://www.runnersworld.com/shoe-finder/shoe-advisor
  • LaurenPell123
    LaurenPell123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love solomons trail shoes, pricey but they last for ages so are worth it and the arch and the height of the heel is perfect for me

I always run around the store in them - get complained at but there's no point buying them if you don't know if they're comfortable
  • golfmanwl
    Options

I think you may be buying the wrong size if your big toe rubs do much. I've used asics, under armour, brooks, reebok.

Great, great point - do not be afraid to buy a bigger size than you usually wear, or think you need. While you run, your feet swell more than just on a normal day.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Get your feet fitted, it's not what's best for men or women, but rather fitted for how your feet are shaped and legs/knees are angled.
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I went to Fleet Feet Sporting goods store and listened to their suggestions and I love my Asics Gel Kayanos!
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Saucony does that for me. They feel great running, no blisters, blah blah blah, but I always end with a tear in that area. Usually at the end of life though. Asics and I've never had a problem.
    I have always gotten fitted at a local running store too
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I have always worn size 8.5, but in running shoes I fit between a 9 and 9.5 (generally a european 40.5). Get fitted. If it doesn't feel right return them (check their return policy).

I am nowhere near touching the top or tip of my shoe with my big toe. Sounds like you got the wrong size.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    i actually bought a size and a half bigger on this last pair because the shoe guy said my feet would swell... Still wore out the toe :)
  • hcjarboe
    Options
    I have saucony, five fingers as well as Nike lunar glides....depends on your feet and preferences and where you run. Do you like a tight fitting shoes, a larger toe box? Do you have any medical issues that need to be addressed when buying shoes?

Mizuno is a good brand as well. I recently just purchased a pair of running shoes from a Swiss company called ON running. I love them.

I have hip problems and get shin splints easily - I love my oNs.....