what sucks more than dieting.how to make salad taste good

Options
Nothing sucks more than dieting than having salad while everyone else is enjoying wonderfull lucious juicy yummy delicious foods. Salad sucks compared to mexican food, italian food and pizza. Everyone else is enjoying yummy cheese and crusty bread and rich butter and juicy tomato sauce and garlic, and cheese and pasta and bread and yummies and delicious tiramesu or cheese cake..... and the dieters get salad. Gross healthy salad. The only thing grosser than salad is putting meat on salad. I do NOT eat meat. I do not like the taste ot texture of meat.

Replies

• ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Salad is delicious! :happy:

Also: Eat the things you want to eat. Just eat less. :drinker:
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Then don't eat a salad and definitely not a salad with meat. Eat Mexican and Italian and crusty bread with cheese, just limit your portions.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Why can't you have some of the yummy food in smaller, more moderate portions? Just make sure it fits in your daily caloric goal and it'll be fine. I never deny myself any type of food. For me personally, it sets me up for failure
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Don't eat salads. The end.
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You don't just have to have salad…
    Plan for a meal out by cutting back your calories that day or for a few days before. And loads of restaurants nowadays have light options which are still really tasty.
    If you don't want to do any of that, have what you want and eat a smaller portion. Just ask for the rest to take away with you.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I eat yummy delicious food, I just try to eat less of it and healthier versions. I also love salad. I will say I don't really eat pasta any more, but you can still do pizza, burgers, Mexican, etc.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Don't eat a salad?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    wut?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Salads are delicious, when done correctly. I add avocado, parmesan cheese, and good olive oil (to a base of broccoli, cauliflower and green onions). In addition to the salad, I'll usually eat a healthy portion of baked fish, because a salad alone is not sufficient for my needs.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

tumblr_lunn3ziiFU1qfjd5jo1_250.gif
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    If you don't like salads, just don't eat them. Personally, I use spring mix when I make a salad (Romaine on occasion) because it tastes better than iceberg lettuce. I will put spring mix on my plate, add mandarin oranges, raw strawberries (cut), pecans (crumbled) and grapes. I usually add chicken breast, but you don't need to since you don't like meat. Top with Brianna's Poppyseed dressing. You can add croutons and purple onion if you like. This is a really great tasting salad.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

tumblr_lunn3ziiFU1qfjd5jo1_250.gif

IKR? :heart:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Nothing sucks more than dieting than having salad while everyone else is enjoying wonderfull lucious juicy yummy delicious foods. Salad sucks compared to mexican food, italian food and pizza. Everyone else is enjoying yummy cheese and crusty bread and rich butter and juicy tomato sauce and garlic, and cheese and pasta and bread and yummies and delicious tiramesu or cheese cake..... and the dieters get salad. Gross healthy salad. The only thing grosser than salad is putting meat on salad. I do NOT eat meat. I do not like the taste ot texture of meat.

You do not have to live on salad to lose weight. Eat what you want, but watch your portions and log accurately.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Moderation. Still eat the yummy foods, just less of them. Ask for a takeout container when you get your food and put half of it away for later. Or plan a workout for the morning or evening and work off the extra calories.

Don't go as often. I rarely go out to dinner, but when I do, I pick yummy food. I don't pick the highest cal, I still look for healthier options, but I sure don't do salads. :)
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Moderation. Still eat the yummy foods, just less of them. Ask for a takeout container when you get your food and put half of it away for later. Or plan a workout for the morning or evening and work off the extra calories.

Don't go as often. I rarely go out to dinner, but when I do, I pick yummy food. I don't pick the highest cal, I still look for healthier options, but I sure don't do salads. :)

is lettuce, tomato, and onions considered a salad?

if so, then i eat salads... on my burgers. :tongue:
  • QTIN
    QTIN Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I found that my main issue with salads is the dressing! I even use a fat free zesty italian and the sodium is like 480g just for 2 tablespoons, I don't need that much but that's still alot of sodium in my opinion.
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Went out to eat once since Jan 1st... on Valentines day. Husband had tour of italy. Kids had Spinach Alfredo and cheese lasanga. I had a house salad.. no crutons, dressing on side.. and water. And still gained a pound on the scale by the next day. Husband cleaned his plate, the kids plates and ordered desert.... and lost weight....;..
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I think you might be doing it wrong?

Just because you're "dieting" doesn't mean you have to eat salad. It also doesn't mean you can't eat delicious foods like bread and cheese either. Watch your portion size and log it and you can eat pretty much whatever you want, just maybe not in the quantity you'd like.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Went out to eat once since Jan 1st... on Valentines day. Husband had tour of italy. Kids had Spinach Alfredo and cheese lasanga. I had a house salad.. no crutons, dressing on side.. and water. And still gained a pound on the scale by the next day. Husband cleaned his plate, the kids plates and ordered desert.... and lost weight....;..

Never weigh the day after you eat at a restaurant. The sodium alone will ensure you "gain" a pound (or more) of water weight.