Extra Skin

Options
Hello,

Quick question for you all.

I am 5'8" and am maintaining around 155-160lbs. I once was over 200lbs. I can not seem to get rid of the little extra skin by my belly button. It looks fine more than likely, but it just seems like that spot will not go away at all. and I have no love handles anymore, and no stretch marks thank gosh.

any advise? I do about 8-12 miles of running/walking and some strength training (upper body) per week.

Replies

• ismatts
    Options
    oh yeah, you can see my pictures in my profile..... hopefully you can see it.
  • TerryJStroud
    TerryJStroud Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey man,

I don't really see any extra skin there. I see some natural curve due to abs giving a shape around your belly button. Looks totally fine man! Just keep up with the running and eating well and you'll do well!!!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Well, I have a similar problem, but it was because I was pregnant. I lost over 20 lbs, and I had extra skin there as well. For a while it was kinda bad, but it is slowly going from wrinkly to just a slight crease. It has taken quite a while for it to get to that point. I make sure I moisturize well and exfoliate my skin. I don't know if that helps. I do know that building up muscle in your ab area can help take up some of the skin. But just keep doing what you are doing, and I am sure it will go back a little more with some time. Hope that helps!
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've lost 140 lbs over 18 months. I'm 51 years old so skin elasticity of youth is long gone. My doctor told me surgery is the only way. Oh well, it's not the health issue my excess weight was so I am learning to live with it. It's discouraging though.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Don't see any extra skin....just natural curve of abs....Either way, it'll tighten up in time.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I think you look great!
  • Nkauj_Lis
    Options
    Interesting...
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    your crazy.. your stomach looks FANTASTIC
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    In life we tend to swing from one end of the pendulem to the other. Going to far on EITHER END of the pendulem is not healthy: physically, mentally and emotionally!!

Being balanced is a happier way of living.

So if a little extra skin is marring your happiness, its not the extra skin that needs to change.

I DID NOT SEE what extra skin you were talking about!:huh:

You look FLAB-U-LESS!! :bigsmile:
  • ismatts
    Options
    maybe I am over-analyzing it. I feel the best I have my adult life.

I will do some more mid section workouts and see if that help over the next few months.

Thank you everyone for the encouragement!!!!