Help!

heypretty90210
heypretty90210 Posts: 9
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone!!!

I just started this website about a week ago. I think it is a great website and love the support you all have for each other. I have been working out on a consistant basis for about 3-4 weeks now and havent seen a lot of results. I go about 5-6 days a week and do a lot while I am there. One day I will lift weights for about a hour to hour and half (full body; from legs to arms). I will finish this up with about 20-30 min of cardio. On the next day I will do cardio for about 45-60 min. I will lose about 2-5lbs and then I just put it back on. I know most of this has to do with my eating. But, if anyone has any motivating words or suggestions to help me keep on track that would be great.

Replies

• Hi everyone!!!

I just started this website about a week ago. I think it is a great website and love the support you all have for each other. I have been working out on a consistant basis for about 3-4 weeks now and havent seen a lot of results. I go about 5-6 days a week and do a lot while I am there. One day I will lift weights for about a hour to hour and half (full body; from legs to arms). I will finish this up with about 20-30 min of cardio. On the next day I will do cardio for about 45-60 min. I will lose about 2-5lbs and then I just put it back on. I know most of this has to do with my eating. But, if anyone has any motivating words or suggestions to help me keep on track that would be great.

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Make sure you are eating your exercise calories!!!!
    Those are crucial
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    That is my biggest "yo-yo" problem, so I am really focusing on my food. Workouts are no problem for me - I love to exercise! But I love food and could easily eat two or three times what I should a day. Just try to stay eating healthfully and like ChubbyBunny says, eat your exercise calories. But, don't go OVER them, either!
  • Are the exercise points accurate? For example the calories burned on the elliptical at the gym are way different then the ones on this website.

Thanks for all your support!!!!:happy:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Are the exercise points accurate? For example the calories burned on the elliptical at the gym are way different then the ones on this website.

Thanks for all your support!!!!:happy:

That's a toughy....not all machines are right and sometimes this site is off. The most accurate way would be to invest in a heart rate monitor to wear when you work out. Certain brands are very accurate and can be customized to you.
This discussion has been closed.