Are there any ladies over 60 here?

Options
Dayhiker
Dayhiker Posts: 11 Member
Wondering if there are some older folks here or if it's just young whippersnappers. :laugh:

Replies

• Susie_1
    Susie_1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wondering if there are some older folks here or if it's just young whippersnappers. :laugh:

Hi, I think there are quite a few of us mature ladies here :bigsmile: I will be 60 in October and when I think back how much time I have wasted and what I have missed out on by being overweight well no more!!
  • FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I turned 60 on New Year's Eve. Feel free to friend me.
  • imaglo52
    imaglo52 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yep I am 61 will be 62 in November I have synced my fitbit to My Fitness Pal and reducing my weight by exercise and food control. :smile:
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I am a youngster and of the wrong gender but there are plenty of people over 50, you just don't see them using the forums as much.
  • bamabooklover
    Options
    I'll be 60 in June.........my goals are a healthy weight (BMI in a normal range), healthy lipids (cholesterol, etc), and an overall feeling of feeling healthy and energetic! I'm not here to get a bikini style body but to be healthy and live longer!
  • Dayhiker
    Options
    I hear ya Susie_1! Thanks for the friend add. :smile:
  • Dayhiker
    Options
    Thanks FlamencoGal; I did! :smile:

Thanks to all...I just realized that I couldn't reply individually.
  • grannyh13
    Options
    I just started today and I will be 60 in April!
  • cbstratman
    Options
    I am 63. Today is the first day of the rest of my life! I intend to make it great. :smile:
  • cbstratman
    Options
    I just posted but not sure if u will c it. I am 63 and just started today! :smile:
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Well in 'my mind' I am an young wippersnaper... heheh... however my body tells me quite often "Hey you.. you are 67!!" I beleive there are pleanty of us that are 60 (and better!!) here!

Pam
    :noway:
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Here! Here!!!! I'm 63, lost 63 pounds, and have been on maintenance for almost a year. MFP is an integral part of my life now, I log all my meals and exercise every day, and am determined NEVER TO BE FAT AGAIN!!!!
  • barbatteberysmith
    barbatteberysmith Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi: I am 65-- losing weight and feeling better.. You can add me if you would like to..
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of us over 60 here.
    I am 62 and I am coming up on my 2 year anniversary on MFP. I am in the best shape I have been in decades.
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Groovy....:laugh:
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi There!!!
    I am 67 years old this week.
    I have been with MFP since last May.
    I am determined also to log my food daily and do my exercise.
    Add me as a Friend if you wish.

I
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I am a youngster and of the wrong gender but there are plenty of people over 50, you just don't see them using the forums as much.

Agreed, I'm one of them.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hi...I just turned 64 in January. I've lost about 75 lbs. and have been working on maintenance for about 8 months. I find that I can easily slip back into old habits so I continue to log most days. Plus the support from some good people here helps when I have one of those tough days. Good luck to you and all others who are working on better health.
  • Cedarwren
    Cedarwren Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 63, and on the weight loss portion of my journey, and living in snowy Minnesota.
  • skinnylady2014
    skinnylady2014 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi!:explode:

I think there are quite a number of those here in the 2nd half of life. In fact, there is a group called Ladies over 50.

I don't comment in the forums real often, but believe that is a way to make new friends.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I'll be 60 in April!