Time Mag & Discovery Health Mag say drop the elliptical

Options
2»

Replies

• fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I so badly want my own elliptical. I could stay on it all day and watch TV! I am having a hard time finding one for under $350 though. Sadness.

I have my own and its great. It cost £70 or 120$. Only 'downside' is that it is manual so it doesn't require a cable but this isn't a problem for me as it means I can put it in my garden without an extension lead and I use my JAWBONE UP band to track my exercise anyway although MFP is pretty accurate for me. It also has a resistance crank that I turn every few weeks when it starts to get easier - I like to feel a burn in my thighs. Oh and I use 5 lb hand weights while I go as well as I don't like holding onto the handles.

ETA: I have saved a lot of money by not going to the gym and I can exercise at random times including at 11pm.
  • oldmike1030
    oldmike1030 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use my elliptical every day. I am very pleased with the machine and the results. Yup it's boring, but it gets the job done. I'm losing weight at the pace I want (obviously in combination with reduced intake). I am not beating up on my lower back, and I have seen great improvement in me. SO forget what Time magazine says, if you like an elliptical, use it.