Bye Bye Butt

Options
Hi,

I used to be thin and fit and confident. I'm not sure where that went. Over the last few years I started piling on weight. Everytime I would start tackling it something would happen to set me back. Two years ago I lost my parents suddenly. Obviously it was a very upsetting time for me and I became reclusive and comfort eating also. At my heaviest during that time I weighed 187Ibs. I got back to work and started trying to rebuild my life. I lost about 15 Ibs and was doing pretty well.

I juggle a full time job with college though and the snacking crept in and not getting to the gym. Since Christmas I'm back up around 176Ibs and that is a lot for me at 5ft 3.
So, today I had my first session with a personal trainer and I hope to get this weight down. I have two wardrobes full of fantastic clothes but none of them fit me which a disgrace in itself! I am going to use that as motivation and continue with the personal trainer until I have my own routine. i know I will ache tomorrow but I can't wait to see results. I hope to keep a diary here somewhere. I'm amazed at some of the wonderful stories I've read.

Replies

• 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're on the right track! Be sure that you focus on diet too- "abs are made in the gym, but revealed in the kitchen," meaning that you can build muscle all you want but if you don't eat carefully, the layer of fat over them will continue to hide your hard work!

All the best, :flowerforyou:
  • tikkii2
    tikkii2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks Freya - I'm using myfitness pal to track and trying to keep to 1,000 calories a day. I've a relatively healthy diet but need to focus on portion sizes and cut out snacking, substitute healthy snacking. I was trying to 5:2 diet recently but it's not doable for me. I couldn't keep to 500 calories therefore I figured 1,000 aim everyday might be better for me. With the lifestyle I lead I find diets impossible to stick to as I eat on the go a lot.
  • Nightfall30
    Nightfall30 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks Freya - I'm using myfitness pal to track and trying to keep to 1,000 calories a day. I've a relatively healthy diet but need to focus on portion sizes and cut out snacking, substitute healthy snacking. I was trying to 5:2 diet recently but it's not doable for me. I couldn't keep to 500 calories therefore I figured 1,000 aim everyday might be better for me. With the lifestyle I lead I find diets impossible to stick to as I eat on the go a lot.

Congrats on deciding to make this change, I wish you all the best! However, I'd like to point out that 1000 kcal per day is far too less to fuel your body and also very hard to follow. Try to eat at least 1200 a day net, remember it's not just about weight loss, it's also about being healthier :)
  • littleandysmom
    littleandysmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Try to eat at least 1200 a day net, remember it's not just about weight loss, it's also about being healthier :)

Agree with this!

Very sorry for your loss. I lost my son almost 4 years ago and I've struggled with emotional eating. His birthday/passing and Christmas is a huge struggle for me not to fall into depression especially during these times. I'm now exercising in a group setting on a regular basis which really helps with depression/emotional eating.

Hope today went well with the personal trainer! Please keep us updated. If you need friends, feel free to add me.
  • tikkii2
    tikkii2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Dad's 2nd anniversary is in a few days. Mum's then 2 months later. Perhaps that's why I rang the personal trainer. I think I I know very well when I'm vulnerable but haven't quite said it out loud because I had to be tough for so long.

Sorry to hear about your son. It never goes away but I do find I focus more now on having a better life when I have the energy to try.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    why so low calories? What did MFP suggest for you?
    Usually eating 1200 a day is minimum for healthy female weightloss!