Help?

lilswimgurl25
lilswimgurl25 Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
i've been trying to tone my thighs but nothings working. whats the best way to tone your inner and outer thighs??

Replies

• i've been trying to tone my thighs but nothings working. whats the best way to tone your inner and outer thighs??
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Squats and lunges with weights, as long as you don't have bad knees. Also, leg lifts with ankle weights are good. Plus, some good old fashioned cardio! Step, running, biking, etc.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    This may sound silly but inner and outer thigh lifts have helped me tons (when I do them). Also, if you lay on your back and raise you legs and then lower them into a wide V and then back, slowly, and repeat that can do amazing things for tone.

Other options are walking, running, Pilates, yoga, etc.
  • I dont know if you belong to a gym or not but they also have machines that are strickly for inner and outer thighs. These are really helpful and you can really feel the burn!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    :flowerforyou:
    I dont know if you belong to a gym or not but they also have machines that are strickly for inner and outer thighs. These are really helpful and you can really feel the burn!
    yes these are helpful,, there is several machines there that are just wonderful the legs,, i belong to the Y
    20033.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Squats, Squats, and more Squats!! Sorry. they hurt, but thats the ticket :happy:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    The machines at the YMCA are the inner thigh abductor and outer thigh adductor (but I may have flip-flopped the inner and outer vs abductor and adductor). They are awesome machines. I use them once or twice a week, 20 reps each, and I can tell a difference in my thighs (i.e. my thighs aren't rubbing together and catching my panty hose on fire as often as they use to!) :laugh:

Just kidding, I don't wear panty hose. :wink:
  • Dmprbst
    Dmprbst Posts: 45 Member
    Yeah they seem to be working for me, I think there called the Hip abduction Machine you can do your inner and outer thighs with it.
  • I think the hip abductor and adductor are great but the quickest results for me came from just running on the treadmill. When I used an elliptical machine for my cardio it took forever to see results but after about 3-4 weeks of running about 10 miles a week my thighs had really improved!
This discussion has been closed.