I want to compete!

Options
In 2 years I would like to get on stage to be judged!

The problem is I don't know where to start. Do I just pick a program and follow it for now and find a coach later. Do I find a coach now to assess where I am and give me a broad direction to go in and take it from there for a bit. Is 2 years long enough to get ready.

Please I would like to hear from people who have been there or are working to get there. If you could tell your starting self anything what would it be.

Thanks all!

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    What is your starting point?
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    5'10 150# about 25% bf right now. I have a bit of lifting experience but nothing that has been professionally assessed.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I assume you are referring to bikini competitions?

I have no personal experience because I'm not there and don't think I'll ever get to that point, but I follow Jessie Deye on Instagram. She is hilarious. She also has an e-book that she says is "an everything guide to get you started!"

http://www.jdeyefitness.com/#!barbells-bikinis/cva4
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    Bump for some input from the evening crowd.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    You look pretty fit already. You can do it in FAR less than 2 years, maybe less than one, depending on how dedicated you are and how well you can tighten up your eating. I am just under 12 weeks out from my first competition, and I started officially training about a month ago.

A trainer can give you a professional opinion (sometimes free, depending on who you ask) on your fitness level, but your best bet is to pick a competition, register for it, and go. It's MUCH easier to get results and progress if you have a definite deadline to stick by.

Also this site helped me out a TON when I was just getting started.

http://www.beautifultothecore.com/bikinipre/
  • IntegratedBodies
    IntegratedBodies Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's so nice to find more Figure ladies here!!
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    There is a group on here called fitness competitions....you could start there getting the advice you are looking for
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    You look pretty fit already. You can do it in FAR less than 2 years, maybe less than one, depending on how dedicated you are and how well you can tighten up your eating. I am just under 12 weeks out from my first competition, and I started officially training about a month ago.

A trainer can give you a professional opinion (sometimes free, depending on who you ask) on your fitness level, but your best bet is to pick a competition, register for it, and go. It's MUCH easier to get results and progress if you have a definite deadline to stick by.

Also this site helped me out a TON when I was just getting started.

http://www.beautifultothecore.com/bikinipre/
    Thank you, I'll check out that site!
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    There is a group on here called fitness competitions....you could start there getting the advice you are looking for
    awesome I'll check it out!