Yay or Nay-30 Day Shred/Ripped in 30/No More Trouble Zones

Options
2»

Replies

• ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I've done 30ds, I did some of ripped in 30 as well and am currently doing JM's body revolution series. I actually really like Jillian's stuff. I've actually lost most of my weight doing her workouts along with 'cardio' and yoga. They do get boring/repetitive but over all are pretty good.
  • ceciliaruns
    ceciliaruns Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I tried 30 day shred and only got about 14 days in before I sustained 3 injuries. I tried to do consecutive days and that was a mistake. I was also running 40+ miles a week with 3 hard runs a week. I believe I tried to lift too much too soon and my body hit a breaking point with all the high impact drills. I agree with above, you should just start with one dvd and take time to do it rather than try to do it all in 30 days!
  • ArtsyBunny
    ArtsyBunny Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just a word of warning; I would really not doing her workouts everyday. It's really easy to injure yourself. I tried doing it everyday and ended up screwing with my back. I've also read posts that talk about people seriously injuring themselves for months. Jillian reccomends doing it every other day and then do light cardio on the off days. Also make sure to take /at least/ 1 rest day per week. Also if you want you can modify the exercises so they are easier.

I also wouldn't reccomends the 30DS if you have bad knees. There are a lot of exercises that put stress on your knees.

Now that I'm only doing her workouts 3x a week it's so much easier (and not painful!). I've only tried the 30DS so I don't know about the other DVDs.