Somebody needs a swift kick in the bottom...

Yeah, it's me. Hey guys. I'm not sure where to start so let me just say that I have been rolling around in self loathing and disgust for about 2 months and it is getting me nowhere. I am a stress eater. I am a binge eater. I was a stress eater and a binge eater when I was 20lbs lighter about 4 months ago but I had a much tighter grip on reality back then and I was controlling myself with much more grace and dignity.
Not only am I embarrassed by the sight of my reflection, I am distinctly aware that my body is screaming out in protest of this returned 20lbs. My back hurts, my knees hurt. It's a familiar feeling that I not so long ago promised myself I would never have to feel again. So what happened?
All I know is that I lost my focus, lost my motivation, and lost my self esteem.
I know that I am capable of change. I lost 50lbs with the help of this site and this community. I am just praying that I can get back in a good place in my own head and do what I know I need to do. I need to do this.
Thanks for listening. :)

Replies

• AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    sounds like its time to forgive yourself, and start anew
    you know in your heart you can do this
    just climb back up onto the ol'horse, and put your mind to it
    a few good MFP friends can help along the way :drinker:
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    I am here for you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I don't know if you realize it, but you deserve it! And you can certainly do it. Focus and move. You can do it!!!!!!!!!
  • saracantthink
    saracantthink Posts: 49 Member
    Even with two steps forward and one step back, you will get there eventually =) Just don't get discouraged!
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Ok, I'll talk to you like you were my best friend.

You have a kid now, you don't have an option. you are going to die from being unhealthy. How dare you do that to your family. Get yourself in gear now. You don't need to lose weight, you don't need to tone. screw all that, be healthy. You need to train for the rest of your life. get to the gym, find something you can enjoy doing and get with it. keep on a sensible eating plan and stick with that... and get drunk sometimes.
    NOW!!

I return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
  • sarahbethrn18
    sarahbethrn18 Posts: 127 Member
    Ok, I'll talk to you like you were my best friend.

You have a kid now, you don't have an option. you are going to die from being unhealthy. How dare you do that to your family. Get yourself in gear now. You don't need to lose weight, you don't need to tone. screw all that, be healthy. You need to train for the rest of your life. get to the gym, find something you can enjoy doing and get with it. keep on a sensible eating plan and stick with that... and get drunk sometimes.
    NOW!!

I return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Yes!
  • Oh oh oh oh.....I know I know
    its me....

I'm a bottom