Trying to lose weight and I'm gaining help!

Options
I am a 5'5 160lbs female. I have been on this diet for two weeks 500 to 900 cal a day. My diet pretty much consist of low-carb low calorie wraps with 98% fat free ground chicken fat-free refried beans and fat-free cheese and fat-free sour cream two of those a day. I lost a half a pound and then two days ago I had a splurge day weigh myself the next day and I gained a pound weigh myself today after going back on the diet and I gained another pound!! I am not exercising yet because normally when I go on these kinds of diets if I exercise I lose weight slower. My goal is to lose 15 pounds first then start my exercising and toning. I went on this diet before a few years ago and easily lost 25 pounds in two months but now I can't loose and I'm gaining help!!

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    500 to 900 cal a day

Ba ba boom ! You're doing it wrong. You need MORE than 1299 calories.
  • MyDukeMyMoe
    MyDukeMyMoe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I normally eat 1200 to 1500 a day not dieting. To maintain.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    Options
    no she doesnt. she needs to exercise and stay on track

She still needs to eat BACK her exercise calories.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Seriously??

Why all this fat free food? figure out your macros and eat to that. is this a pro ano thread?
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I normally eat 1200 to 1500 a day not dieting. To maintain.
    That's not enough to maintain.

You are gaining weight because your body is in a starvation type mode, it doesn't know when the next big meal is going to come so it's holding on to every it's got to survive.

I'm 5'5" 158 and I eat 1800 calories a day and lose 1 lbs a week. When I was 230 lbs I was eating 2200 calories a day and losing 2-3 cals a week.
    Eat more to replenish your body for at least a week.
    Then start eating around 1600 - 1800 calories a day to lose. If you want to maintain, eat 2000.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,154 Member
    Options
    no she doesnt. she needs to exercise and stay on track

There is no way she will be getting the nutrition requirements for her body eating that few calories. For that matter, there is really no where to go if she is not losing weight as it is beyond what I normally suggested as a minimum for getting the nutrients needed for health.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    500-900 calories a day is literally starving yourself.

Keep it up and you will do serious damage to your body.

Honestly i'm so tired of people posting threads like this, did you gain the weight in 1 week? NO! So stop acting like it should drop right off.

Eat a healthy amount of calories(more than 1200 at the very least) and exercise.

Stop crash dieting and trying to starve yourself into weight loss.
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    in for re-fried beans.
    just keep eating them... you'll be sure to loose the 15 lbs :laugh:
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You know, when I read threads like this I keep looking for the hidden camera.

It's the only reason I can think of for otherwise intelligent human beings to do such ridiculous things to themselves.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    Options
    Why all this fat free food? figure out your macros and eat to that. is this a pro ana thread?

Was also thinking this.
  • leahxxoo
    leahxxoo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Noooooooo, you're doing it the wrong way. I did that when I was younger and trust me, it'll never work. You need to eat more calories than that, if you want to lose weight. If you eat 1200-500, you can lose 1-2 pounds per week.
  • WendyLee74
    Options
    Replace those foods with fruits and vegetables. You'll be able to consume much more and your body will release any water it has retained.

I have a major problem with dairy. I bloat like crazy so I eat it sparingly.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    If you are only trying to lose 15 lbs, your goal should be to lose 1/2 lb per week. Enter your numbers into MFP and eat the calorie goals you are given. It's also a good idea to begin exercising now, not after you have lost the weight. Resistance training while losing will help preserve lean body mass and you'll have a more "toned" looking body when the weight is gone. By not exercising, you're just going to end up with a smaller version of how your body looks now. I still have 25 lbs to lose and I'm already seeing muscle definition.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    Options
    If you are only trying to lose 15 lbs, your goal should be to lose 1/2 lb per week. Enter your numbers into MFP and eat the calorie goals you are given. It's also a good idea to begin exercising now, not after you have lost the weight. Resistance training while losing will help preserve lean body mass and you'll have a more "toned" looking body when the weight is gone. By not exercising, you're just going to end up with a smaller version of how your body looks now. I still have 25 lbs to lose and I'm already seeing muscle definition.

qft
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Eat enough food.

Two weeks isn't long enough to gauge progress.

Eat enough food.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You are not eating what you think you're eating.
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    this **** again??
  • jonnythan
    Options
    this **** again??

all day erry day
  • jonnythan
    Options
    You are not eating what you think you're eating.

Yeah. She's not losing weight so she's clearly eating enough food. She's eating too much, in fact. It's her logging practices that are out of whack.