Hi.... I'm trying to lose 60 pounds....

Options
I've been lying to myself, oh you don't look that bad, but finally realized I need to lose weight. I'm the heaviest I have ever been. I left college at 175 and am now at 260. I feel like at 200 I'm at a pretty good weight. I'm 5'11.75" I used to be a workout fiend, but through long hours at work and just feeling tired all the time, I stopped working out. The last time I was at 204, I thought, "Now, I'll just keep working out!" but of course I did not.

Anyway, hi all.

Replies

• hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    We are in the same club then! I am trying to lose 65 pounds specifically though! :p I am at 265 currently, but I started at 283. I had actually went all the way down to 255 but I gained some over Christmas and New Years break x.x I'll add you! :D I'm a bit shorter than you, I'm at 5'8
  • rookie8itch
    rookie8itch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! It's nice to know im not the only one with the goal to lose 60 pounds! I was wondering if y'all are on a certain kind of diet? Im doing the low carb and its not been that bad. Im only a week into it tho lol.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Good luck , you can do it!
  • rookie8itch
    rookie8itch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I see you've lost 110lbs...and tips?? :)
  • kncybul
    Options
    The only diet I am on is not to eat so much junk food!
  • mlgarcia91
    mlgarcia91 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it! Just remember to be patient and keep living life. I'm at about 55 pounds down right now. I started my lifestyle change on March 3rd, 2013 so I'm not weighing myself again until then! We'll see how it goes.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    you can do this!
    slow and steady wins the race!
    get use to logging food everyday
    then work on hitting your macro nutrients (protein,carbs,fat etc)
    read the forums and educate yourself about fitness and food
    Eat more than 1200 cal & try to eat back 1/2 your exercise cals

3500 cals =1lb so if you stay under you wont gain,but you need a deficit to lose!
    so dont be too hard on yourself if you ending up going over your calorie goal

Good Luck :)
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Good luck, you got this!