Help im not losing much weight!!

Options
Hi i ama 32 year old F -153lbs-5'5 and have been eating 600 cal. a day and burning between 500 to 600 cal. 5 times a week at the gym. I have been doing this for 8 days and only lost .5 lbs . I know i'm not eating enough but every time i diet by eating 1200 cal. a day and working out 3x a week for 30min. to an hour I don't really lose weight and if i do its very very little at a time and i just give up after a couple of months. I don't know what to do anymore! no matter what i can't seem to really lose weight! =( HELP!

Replies

• kaee13
    kaee13 Posts: 15
    Options
    You are not eating nearly enough. You are not going to lose weight at that amount. If anything, you're going to wreck your body and metabolism. 1200 is probably too low, too, which is why you didn't see much loss at that amount. You need to eat more. WAY more. Also, weight loss is a progression. It will come off slowly, but the important thing is that it will come off. Patience is key.
  • lucindat12
    Options
    You need to eat more! And loosing weight slowly is better for you!
  • nverzyden
    nverzyden Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sounds like maybe you need to jump start your metabolism and I def think you need to eat more then 600 cals a day. A visit to your Dr. may be able to find out if your thyroid isn't functioning well which could cause this problem. It can be very frustrating to work so hard and not see the results. Good Luck!
  • angelafeet
    Options
    Couldn't agree more with the others.You will make yourself really ill with that intake.Metabolism is like a fire you have to put fuel in to keep burning the calories or else the fire goes out and No calories will be burnt .You will break down essential body tissues if you carry on
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Sounds like maybe you need to jump start your metabolism and I def think you need to eat more then 600 cals a day. A visit to your Dr. may be able to find out if your thyroid isn't functioning well which could cause this problem. It can be very frustrating to work so hard and not see the results. Good Luck!

This! Go see the doctor. And if you can get a referral to a nutritionist so you can get a personalized plan of some sort, even better.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    You might need to eat at maintenance for a few weeks to reset your metabolism.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You are putting your body into starvation mode. I am the same height as you and a lot older and I am losing a steady .5 pound per week on 1500 calories per day and a daily walk on most days of the week. I walk about an hour and a half and burn about 420 calories when I do walk. Over the past 3 and half years, I am down 49 pounds and I have only 6 to go to get to my goal weight. Be patient, eat well and within a reasonable amount of calories and keep exercising.
  • MyDukeMyMoe
    MyDukeMyMoe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    well I read everything and thank- you for the help.. On Saturday i eat whatever i wanted to try and jump start back my metabolism and eat about 1000 cal yesterday and weigh myself today and gained 1.5 lbs... so now im even more confused than ever! ugh
  • flutterbye811
    flutterbye811 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Just curious, but where have you read that eating at the calories you are is going to be a successful plan for weight loss? How are you feeling after exercising away all the calories you've consumed? Do you want this to be a quick fix "diet" or a life long change?
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    A metabolism restart doesn't happen over night. You need to give your body time to fix what has happened.
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    If you at more, you'd have more energy to workout harder during your workouts
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating so little? Also, why do you continue doing something that hasn't worked for you in the past? As much as it would be great for excess weight to drop off over night, it's not possible and if you do it by starving yourself, it's not sustainable so you'll just be back in the same position 6-12 months from now.

Why not just plan for 1-2 pounds a week and make this a long term goal that may eventually become a lifestyle change so you won't be int he same position down the road?
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Of course you gained 1.5 pds today! You went from eating zero to eating food. You need to eat a min. of 1200 calories and exercise and the weight will come off. Dont starve yourself bc for one you will not do that the rest of your life! Eat right and exercise and the weight will come off, give it time! Its not a race to get it off fast!
  • bluearmy28
    bluearmy28 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Everyone is right, you have to eat more. Your body is in starvation mode. Don't try to lose the weight overnight, otherwise even if you do lose on such a low calorie diet- your more prone to gain it back. Eat smart, eat healthy, workout and include a reasonable calorie deficit and you will see results. Good Luck
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's funny that this doesn't look like a necro unless you look at the dates closely. It's great that everyone's trying to help, but I don't think we'll get any answers from the OP.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It's funny that this doesn't look like a necro unless you look at the dates closely. It's great that everyone's trying to help, but I don't think we'll get any answers from the OP.
    Seriously. How far back are people going on the main page to revive all these years old posts??
  • flutterbye811
    flutterbye811 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Seriously. How far back are people going on the main page to revive all these years old posts??

She just posted a very similar post today, so I guess she's just recycling the same ridiculous material.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Post from 2013 lol
  • unjella
    Options
    As much as you may not want to hear you need to eat more, everyone here is correct.
    I see a nutritionist, and she and I had the same conversation. Try the advise you are given, and you will be surprised by the results. Ensure you eat a balanced meals.