Grow a Butt Program....

Options
2»

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    yep, squats and lunges with correct form are the best way to grow the gluts. Takes about 4 to 6 weeks to start seeing real results. Be aware though, your bum will hurt for a bit when you first start.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    "You can do side bends or sit ups, but please dont lose that BUTT!!!"......."My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun"............. AHHHHHHHHH a day in the life of me.................. lol
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    It I could suck all the fat out of my stomach and implant it into my *kitten*, I would have a great body.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I need a butt, too!! I do lots of squats and lunges, and haven't noticed a difference yet!!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    And now, I have Sir-Mix-A-Lot stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Thanks a lot!! :sad:
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I do quite a bit of squats and lunges too, probably a few hundred of each a week and nothing. I do deadlifts as well.

I can tell you one thing, running DOES NOT help you with the butt issue. But I wish it did, I'd have an amazing butt right now if that was the case!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I do quite a bit of squats and lunges too, probably a few hundred of each a week and nothing. I do deadlifts as well.

A few hundred a week is not good for adding size. To add size you need to use a heavy enough weight that you can only do 8 or so before you physically can not straighten under the load any more, ideally stop on the rep before you can't straighten. Then lather, rinse, and repeat 3 times with a small break in between sets. Do your normal exercises with a lot more weight and you should see growth. This may mean you drop to only 30 or so a week, but I guarantee you'll feel it much more than usual.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

A few hundred a week is not good for adding size. To add size you need to use a heavy enough weight that you can only do 8 or so before you physically can not straighten under the load any more, ideally stop on the rep before you can't straighten. Then lather, rinse, and repeat 3 times with a small break in between sets. Do your normal exercises with a lot more weight and you should see growth. This may mean you drop to only 30 or so a week, but I guarantee you'll feel it much more than usual.

agreed, high volume, low (or even moderate) weight doesn't increase volume for muscles. you need high weight to failure and low volume for increased size. You should be trying to find your 1 Repetition Maximum and then use 80 to 85% of that for your repetition weight
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I only do about 10 reps at a time, but do quite a few circuits on the days I do them. Valid point on the weights though, I can tell mine are too low and have been trying to figure out the best way as I'm constantly replacing them (or so it feels like). Unfortunately I only work out at home so it's harder to play around and figure out what my 1 repetition maximum would be. Thanks for the input/advice!
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    It I could suck all the fat out of my stomach and implant it into my *kitten*, I would have a great body.

LOL...I've always felt the same way....if only I could shift my belly excess to my butt and boobs i'd be thrilled!