Idk where this topic belongs so sports bras in the pool?

Options
I bounce around in my swimsuit pretty drastically so what I'm asking is, would it be safe to wear my sports bra under my suit? The bra I wear is http://www.lanebryant.com/cacique-plus-size-sexy-bras-intimate-apparel/bras-view-all/sports-bras/sport-by-cacique-front-close-sport-bra/4043c4044c775p127139/index.pro?selectedColor=None selected&selectedSize=40G .

Edit: A supportive swimsuit in my size runs close to $100 and I can't afford that right now. :( This would be more of a temporary solution.

Replies

• metulchik
    metulchik Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    what do you mean by "safe"? If it makes you more comfortable to wear it, then I say by all means do so. Or maybe invest in a swim suit that offers a little more support in that area.
  • dinobunni
    Options
    I'm not sure what I mean. I was trying to find out how bras hold up in a pool but I couldn't really find anything that had to do with that. Apparently cotton fibers can screw up the pool filters and padded bras will leak water forever but my bra isn't either of those so I didn't know what to think lol.
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    If by safe you mean, will it get ruined, then I'd probably think the chlorine would damage it. Maybe look into a better supporting swimwear.
  • TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've worn sports bras into pools. If the pool is chlorine, the color of the bra will bleed... That's about all though!