eating after late work out?

Options
Hi

on Tuesdays and Thursdays i attend a few classes (least hour and half intense cardio), these don't start till 7:30 - 8pm, i don't get home till about 9:30 pm (live 20 mins away) so eating my main meal after is out the question, i eat this about hour and half before i start my work out

my main question is should i be having something after ( partner worries that i work out for hour and half and then basically fast till the next morning when i have breakfast, would a smoothie be ok to have after a workout or am i best not to over load on sugar even if it is natural? i cant eat anything huge that late as will feel hideous in bed

Thanks in advance

Replies

• moglovesshoez
    moglovesshoez Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Why not try a couple of scrambled eggs when u get in. Light, high protein and low cal :)
  • warriorknight
    Options
    I'd say if you cant stomach any real food, perhaps have a post workout shake. 2:1 ratio of carbs:protein. This will help replenish glycogen from your workout and use the protein to help your muscles recover. I sometimes train quite late like you and I knock back a shake like this, then have something light like eggs if I am still hungry.
  • fatzant
    Options
    I don't understand the question. What does eating late have to do with anything? And why is eating your main meal at night out of the question? Meal timing has absolutely no impact on weight loss. Is there some other issue?

I eat almost all my calories between around 7 and 9pm, go to bed at 9:30 Everyday. I love having a big full belly when I sleep.

i really don't like going to bed with a full tummy, i don't sleep right and feel uncomfortable, I'm basically asking am i best to have something after (i'm ok not having anything i just want to do what's best to help make me healthier) and if i should be having something is a fruit smoothie ok or not due to the sugars!
  • fatzant
    Options
    I'd say if you cant stomach any real food, perhaps have a post workout shake. 2:1 ratio of carbs:protein. This will help replenish glycogen from your workout and use the protein to help your muscles recover. I sometimes train quite late like you and I knock back a shake like this, then have something light like eggs if I am still hungry.

thank you :) yep full on meals are out the question but shakes i can do!
  • fatzant
    Options
    Why not try a couple of scrambled eggs when u get in. Light, high protein and low cal :)

thanks for this i will keep it in mind, there are always eggs in the house so is a good go to :)
  • sassybellex
    Options
    sometimes I do late workouts too and don't feel very hungry afterwards but I feel like I need to eat something.
    so I mix casein with a bit of soy milk to make a casein pudding. its filling and pretty tasty.