One year in. Time to feed my vanity!

Options
You know the story. You've heard it before. I decided to start losing weight about a year ago, so I did. Imagine that! I took some before pics as a baseline to see progress and to cause me to feel shame when I look upon them in the future. Some of those pictures can be seen below.

Front
[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/gamecubeaddict64/My Fatness Pal Lulz/front.jpg[/img]

Side (My good side)
[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/gamecubeaddict64/My Fatness Pal Lulz/side.jpg[/img]

Over the following year I lost some pounds through diet and exercise. I started off calorie tracking, but I became too obsessed with accuracy and never EVER going over my limit. It was somewhat effective for a while, but plateaued often and the precision I insisted on drove me nuts. In July, I stopped tracking and switched over to the Paleo diet. No grains, no milk, no legumes, no sugar, no fun. It's completely insane, but effective. The main selling point of Paleo (in my opinion) is the terrified and confused reactions I get from people when I explain it to them. Truly, there is nothing quite like the look of terror in someone's eyes when they hear that I made "pancakes" using nothing but eggs and a banana. The pancake was awful, but totally worth it in a comically depressing way. I have since gotten much better at paleo cooking and I can now produce food that is actually quite delicious. Sadly, that means I only get those measly health benefits of paleo and not the confused glares of my comrades. I can't win them all, I guess.

I have also been exercising using Hasfit.com. It's has a bunch of fitness plans that are comprised of Youtube videos that show me exactly what exercises I need to each day. I don't even have to go to the gym, which, of course, means no pants! All I do is sweat in my underwear and swear under my breath about how much I hate exercising. On the plus side, my body getting lumpy with muscle. That's probably a good thing.

For my one year (within a few days...) anniversary of actually giving a damn about my body I took some new pictures to compare. I present them for your viewing "pleasure"

Front
[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/gamecubeaddict64/My Fatness Pal Lulz/Front14.jpg[/img]

Side (I forgot which side was my good side and switched...)
[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/gamecubeaddict64/My Fatness Pal Lulz/Side14.jpg[/img]

I suppose I've made some progress. I'm almost not overweight, which is a plus. I'm 6'3", so according to everyone's favorite fitness scale, BMI, I should be between 180-200 pounds. We'll see how that turns out. I still have a belly and I'd like to get muscle lumpier, but that should all come in time.

As for non-scale victories, I have some bones jutting though my skin that I didn't before, such as shoulders, the occasional rib, and clavicles, which has taken some getting used to. Clavicles can be really distracting when you've never had them before. They make a satisfying sound when tapped on. Bones are weird.

I guess that's pretty much it. I just wanted to show off my "awesome" "bod" and I wanted to let people know that I didn't fall off the fitness wagon when I stopped tracking. I've risen from the ashes, but the best is yet to come!

Beefcake!
[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/gamecubeaddict64/My Fatness Pal Lulz/32ef1ec0-4f75-416c-8688-3e2b530e810e.jpg[/img]

Replies

• StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep up the good work :drinker: awesome read as well. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Great work and a great read! Thanks!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Great job :)
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You really do look great - such a change! And you are quite humorous too! Congrats, for both! :P
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Not going to deny, I just tried tapping my collar bone...

But good job! You look great!!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Awesome success story! Not only have you done amazingly well... But you're funny to boot!

Congrats! I see good things in store for you!

But seriously... Someone kill me if I ever try to make a banana egg "pancake"! Lol
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You're funny. :)
    Good job!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Love the humor!
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Nice job with the weight loss and self-deprecating-ness. (I also just tapped my collar bones).
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Well done!

You're gorgeous!
  • mishka45
    mishka45 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well Done!!
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! You look amazing. Gotta say, I'm loving that "Beefcake" shirt and keep imagining Cartman from Southpark yelling "Beefcake". I also admit that I tapped on my clavicle, too, after reading your post, hahaha.
  • Enid_Coleslaw
    Enid_Coleslaw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    BAHAHAHAHA!!! the photo captions! so good! Looking great [insert thumbs up here]
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Awesome success story! Not only have you done amazingly well... But you're funny to boot!

Congrats! I see good things in store for you!

But seriously... Someone kill me if I ever try to make a banana egg "pancake"! Lol

Ugh those pancakes are disgusting!
  • moglovesshoez
    moglovesshoez Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    WOW you look great :) I must admit the Paleo pancakes with bacon grease, eggs, coconut flour and coconut cream are way better than the banana ones ;)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    good decision on the diet.. you did what makes it easier for you.
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You are funny :laugh:
    You look great :flowerforyou:
    Congrats :drinker:
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for the smiles! I will still look at your paleo in horror only because I like chocolate.
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    And your vanity deserves it!! Nice job!! This made me smile after a mini break down over the scale. Thanks! And keep it up!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!