Berry's bare belly challenge - February 2014

Options

Replies

• penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    My legs (and bum) still hurt from the sunday zumba disaster (bf, absolutely haaaaated the dvd, he got so mad at beto for not explaining the moves and speaking in spanish and getting his abs out). still, it clearly did something to me coz I was achey yesterday and even more so last night/today. Makes me realise that even though I do loooots of walking and cycling I really need to do a bit more of other stuff too...
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I have to confess I REALLY didn't feel like going back out the gym pool after I dropped home last night, but thinking of how Davina carried on after nearly collapsing yesterday kept me motivated!
    http://www.sportrelief.com/latest/breakingpoint

Just logged my breakfast, snacks and dinner and realised I've got fewer than 200 calories left for lunch! Going for a power walk at lunchtime AND working out tonight - I can't continue this run of going over if I want to get my belly out in two and a half weeks!
  • BerryH
    Options
    Did a 40-minute lunchtime stomp round Kensington Gardens averaging 3.9mph (it would have been 4+ if it hadn't been for those pesky roads I had to cross!). Back on track for the day now.
  • BerryH
    Options
    Good afternoon bellylicious babes!

Just about got shot of the after-effects of a weekend of overconsumption. I have Zumba booked in tonight, but felt I could use some resistance work so did that 8-minute HIIT circuit first thing. I need some practice until I can get between moves in just 10 seconds!
  • BerryH
    Options
    Zumba was awesome as always, even though the instructor didn't have the music to do my favourite "I'm sexy and I know it" routine, boo!

I think tomorrow will be my day off, so I'll try to squeeze in a workout tonight, maybe Shred It With Weights?
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    the scales budged a smidgen this morning, but i *feel* tubbier and more wobbly, how unfair.
    today is the halfway point!
  • BerryH
    Options
    Opposite for me Penny, scales haven't budged but I'm feeling trimmer and firmer and wearing my smaller sized jeans. Very simple explanation, I'm having terrible struggle staying under calories, but have been very consistent with exercise.

Rest day today though. And wine day. Mmm, wine...
  • BerryH
    Options
    Mid-way progress photo. No belly visible, thankfully.
    sweetiesmaller_zpsc4601fea.jpg
  • BerryH
    Options
    Good afternoon belly busters!

I hit it hard this weekend. I'm getting back to running after a break for a bad hip - I did 33 minutes with 3 mins running at 8kph then 2 minutes walking at 6kph all at 1% elevation (higher hurts my hip). Even though I've been doing it for 17 years, I still find nothing is as hard as running, I was purple in the face and dripping!

Today I did heavy lifting, not my favourite thing. I definitely picked up heavier barbells than ever - I just need to be interested enough to note down so I have some proof of progress!
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    This week hasn't been great for me exercise-wise, but next week will definitely be better! I'm stepping up my game in the exercise-department with Insanity. I feel slimmer and firmer so we'll see what the end of the month brings ;).
    Next week I'll take my 5:2 a bit more serious than I have been this week, so I'm pretty sure I'll see some progress at the end of the week :)

Have a nice evening!
  • BerryH
    Options
    My training week has just been thrown into disarray. I was going to have a much-deserved rest day today after hitting it hard this weekend, and just do some core work tonight. But now I have a press trip up the BT Tower (yay!) on Wednesday evening, an early start to film at the Science Museum on Thursday and drinks with former colleagues on Friday. Can't have my belly going to pot (pun intended) for lack of planning.
  • BerryH
    Options
    Morning all!

Today I celebrate my three year anniversary on MFP, yay! If I'd kept up my initial results, I'd be wearing UK size 12 (US size 8) clothes now and running marathons before breakfast, but life just doesn't work that way! Here I am size 16 and building up my running again after a hip injury and strength again after, well, not enjoying lugging heavy stuff around.

I am a little disappointed that I haven't lost anything since I began this month's BBBC, though, as I've been working hard and tracking truer than I had been. There's definitely been some firming up and tucking in, however, which I hope is down to some fat loss and muscle growth. I'll ask the gym for a fat test at the end of the month.

I did take a full much-needed rest day on Monday, and last night I did a HIIT cardio workout on my excise bike which had me sweating buckets (Michael Mosley reckons he can do it in is suit - I don't think so!). I failed to plan and planned to fail today - I have a press trip up the BT Tower this evening and didn'tget up early enough for a workout, so another enforced rest day. I'm not even suitably dressed for a lunchtime stomp.

Tomorrow I have to leave early as I'm filming at the Science Museum, so I'll have to get an evening workout in. I'm out on Friday so will weigh up whether I can squeeze a morning workout in! Then I have the weekend to myself, so I can workout to my heart's content!

Keep up the good work, belly busters! :flowerforyou:
  • BerryH
    Options
    You know when you have a couple of days of taking it easy and eating and drinking more then you mysteriously break a months-long weight plateau? That.
  • BerryH
    Options
    Hello? Anyone else still here?

Just four days to go and I've blown it quite spectacularly over the last week, and I'm going to find it tough to get enough exercise in this week. Hoping to at least show SOME progress by the end of the month!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I am! :drinker:

You never know, it might not be as bad as you think!
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    i am (i thought i replied last week but it probably got lost in the ether)
    i'm doing ok, the scale is being kind, we'll see if it makes a visible difference when i take a piccy in what...3 days? 4 days?
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    is it post on end of feb, or start of march?
  • BerryH
    Options
    Either, I'm not sure I'll be able to get a workout and photo in tomorrow anyhow. But I'll start a March thread on Saturday regardless :)

I did a home Zumba workout yesterday (I have a new set of videos with less Beto and more workout-style moves) then Zumba class yesterday, which was a bit of an oversight, but I can feel it in my belly!

The class turns into Zumba Step next week, which just won't be the same (slower, less dancy, more, well, step) and fewer people can get into each class. We needed an additional Zumba session for people with jobs, not to change an existing one!
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    oh berry that sucks but at least you can do the dvds? i hate it when gyms mess with class schedules the wrong ways...
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    Before

50615AEE-DC47-427A-A9E7-EE5416F914F3.jpg

After

C3F43B86-9D83-4964-B5B9-E7C2A591B24E.jpg