Favorite Smoothies!

Options
Hey all,

I'm wanting to utilize smoothies more often for healthier (cost friendly) snacks/breakfast options. I usually add in some unflavored protein powder too and it seems to go well with a milk base.

SO... what are your favorite smoothies? :smile:

Replies

• crystalfisher89
    crystalfisher89 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • uimd
    uimd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Simple but yummy: A frozen banana, vanilla yogurt, milk and peanut butter!
  • strutdivastrut
    strutdivastrut Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothie is made from vanilla body fortress protein mix, unsweeted almond milk,flax seed and ice...sometimes I add mango chunks and mixed berries.I also have tried peanut butter and banana smoothie.Very yummy.
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    almond milk, arbonne vegan protein powder, kale or spinach (can't taste it), frozen blueberries. Almond milk, arbonne chocolate vegan protein powder, kale or spinach, frozen strawberries and a little stevia to taste.
  • crystalfisher89
    crystalfisher89 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    All great ideas! Thanks!!!
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Best smoothie ever:

Frozen blueberries, Frozen strawberries, Banana, 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, 2 tablespoons unsweetened creamy almond butter, and handful of kale.

If you use more blueberries than strawberries, the smoothie will be pink! I usually use about 5 whole strawberries and probably about 2 cups of blueberries. Calorie count is about 350-400
  • kaydoh2014
    kaydoh2014 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Apple Pie Breakfast Smoothie. Comes in at barely over 300 calories with 21 grams of protein. 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt, 5 raw almonds, 1 banana, one red apple cored but not peeled, and apple pie spice (which is just cinnamon nutmeg and clove) to taste. Although I usually use 1/2 cup of my homemade applesauce which is just a bunch of apples cooked lumpy with one cinnamon stick and one vanilla bean (there' s no need to add sugar).
  • clfhanger
    clfhanger Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I usually have plain yogurt and frozen fruit.
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    where do you get unflavored protein? I don't like the vanilla or chocolate flavor.
  • suuta
    suuta Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For amazing smoothies try the book: SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIES by Julie Morris. She is also releasing a juicing book. I have two smoothies a day and so far I'm doing great.

As for unflavored protein you have a few choices. Rice protein is good. So is hemp (though it does have a slight earthy flavor) Try hemp pro 70, it's pretty good. But so far my favorite is: Schinoussa - Probiotic Whey Isolate. The unflavored version has a very slight sweet taste to it (most whey protein does) so you are less likely to add sweetener to your smoothie.

As a last little note, I add a scoop of Visalus to each of my smoothies as well. It gives added nutrition while making them taste almost like ice cream. So far I like: Ginger pear, Chocolate Kale and Cranberry Orange. But my absolute favorite is Pistachio Cherry. Yummmmm.
  • CMoeDee
    CMoeDee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    For me it's 1 scoop protein, a cup of almond milk, cold chai tea or cold coffee, half a banana, and frozen berries. So good!
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    The "glowing green smoothie" is great - just google it. A recipe from some "nutritionist to the stars" that I read about in a magazine, but then started making at least a few days a week. Delicious, healthy, and our entire family loves it. Only change I make is to add extra parsley, along with the parsley stems, cause that stuff is so dang healthy.

Sometimes we have them straight, and sometimes I add some raw rice protein powder (unflavored).
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat my food in solid form.
  • suuta
    suuta Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It is true that you cannot completely eliminate solid food from your regime. Believe it or not your body can gradually loose the ability to digest it if you do! I use my smoothie (with added protein powder and visalus) as combination nutritional supplement and protein boost, as well as my afternoon snack and dinner before I head off to the gym for training. I learned my lesson about not eating right when I passed out during a session with my trainer. Low blood pressure + low blood sugar = no consciousness. So I make a few smoothies on the weekend, freeze them and in the morning grab 1 or 2 and put them in my bag with my lunch when i go to work. I work a customer service counter so I'm not allowed to eat at my workstation but no one notices when you are drinking from a stainless steel bottle that it is not water you are drinking ;)

They are good because unlike juice you do not strain away all the fiber and plant protein. Also it's the only way I can stomach wheat grass, cantaloupe and raw tomatoes.... Seriously, try Julie's Strawberry Basil Smoothie (with cherry tomato) surprisingly tasty... and I CAN'T STAND raw tomato!
  • Joebob8
    Joebob8 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Frozen banana, almond milk, kale, greens powder, sometimes protein power. Or coconut water, frozen pineapple, kale.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes are great with a little salt and pepper.
  • gabriela94x
    Options
    Cut out the milk entirely and save yourself the calories
    200 ml fruit juice
    100 ml water
    3 spoonfuls fat free strawberry yoghurt ( thickener ;) )
    1 banana
    Handful frozen raspberries
    Handful frozen pineapple

Deliciousness ????????
  • metulchik
    metulchik Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    1 cup frozen mango
    1 cup pineapple (fresh or frozen)
    1/2 cup coconut milk (or whatever kind of milk you prefer)
    1 cup spinach

This is absolutely delicious and tastes like a tropical milk shake to me :)
  • j3llyace
    Options
    My favorite smoothie that I made consists of spinach, bananas, mango, vanilla almond milk, and coconut water <3

Here's the link for it: http://angeli-30daychallenge.tumblr.com/post/77289454917/day-8-experimental-smoothie-recipe-of-the-day

Right now, I'm trying to make a smoothie from different recipes each day on my blog so this thread is gold for me! Post more of your favorite smoothie recipes everyone :)
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I just posted this to another smoothie thread, but it fits here as well. This is one I had this morning:

2 cups nonfat milk
    1 scoop protein powder
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1 tbsp hemp seed
    1 tbsp chia seed
    2 tbsp flaxseed meal
    1 banana
    1 cup frozen rasberry/blueberry blend

Calories: 686
    Carbs: 111 grams
    Fat: 17 grams
    Protein: 35 grams

It was good. And thick. I ate it with a spoon.