Grrr TOTM weight gain.

Options
Ladies don't you just hate the weight gain when its TOTM?
I have been losing 2lbs per week using MFP for 3 weeks i've been using it and now it shows a 4lb gain :(. I know its not over eating gain as i have been logging with usually a good deficit. But still disheartening when you see a huge gain.
Do you gain when its TOTM and then have a good loss the week after and end up where you was before TOTM or do you have the gain and lose 1/2 one week and then 1/2 the next. Because it will be 2 steps forward (well down on thew scale) and then 3 steps back every 4 weeks or so as your cycle goes round again.

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly normal for weight to fluctuate day by day, week by week.

I would recommend using a weight tracking app such as Happy Scale where you weigh every day. It tracks your fluctuations over weeks/months and calculates your 'true' weight.
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly normal for weight to fluctuate day by day, week by week.

I would recommend using a weight tracking app such as Happy Scale where you weigh every day. It tracks your fluctuations over weeks/months and calculates your 'true' weight.

this, also you could try not weighing around that time of the month.
  • princ3ss21
    Options
    Most of the weight gain during totm is due to water retention, so the weight should drop back off near the end/after your period.
  • bumblebeez86
    bumblebeez86 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    my weight usually goes up a little at TOTM but if I have been good and not gorged on chocolate during this time it usually goes back down the week after :)