Finding P90X3 in MFP exercise database

Options
I finally got off my fat *kitten* and started exercising. Those who have done this, how do you record it as? It feels like weight training and it feels like cardio (in a way).

Replies

• HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Wear a heart rate monitor and log it as circuit training.
  • JoanneC1216
    Options
    Wear a heart rate monitor and log it as circuit training.

Thank you.. I guess I should buy one :-/
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Yes, cals burnt really depends on your stats ... height, gender, weight, how hard you push yourself. Easier to track via HRM ...Polar has some good models and you can check amazon.com
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Well, you don't necessarily have to have a heart-rate monitor... it will estimate the calories you burnt. But a cheap one that measures avg. calorie burn over a period of time is all you need and it will be more accurate because the time you do something for belies the effort you put into it over that period of time.

If you go with the estimation, and you're "eating back" exercise calories... only "eat back" 50% or so, and make sure you go full-effort every time you work out.
  • JoanneC1216
    Options
    Well, you don't necessarily have to have a heart-rate monitor... it will estimate the calories you burnt. But a cheap one that measures avg. calorie burn over a period of time is all you need and it will be more accurate because the time you do something for belies the effort you put into it over that period of time.

If you go with the estimation, and you're "eating back" exercise calories... only "eat back" 50% or so, and make sure you go full-effort every time you work out.

So if I don't eat my calories back, I don't necessarily have to log in my workout, right? Then I won't have to spend money on a heart rate monitor.