New and need friends

Options
Hi, I'm a 31 year old female in th UK and joined My Fitness Pal a while ago but never really got into it, mainly because I didn't have any friends to motivate me and my family are encouraging but also too slim to understand how important this is to me!!! They're also getting bored of my whining.

So I'm picking up where I left off with a new outlook on my weightloss. I'm 12stone 6lbs and need to slim down for summer - I'm fed up of being fat and want to get back down to 9st.

As desperate as it sounds, is there anyone out there who'd like to be my friend? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• RichardAshley39
    Options
    Its not desperate just honest, it is easier to keep up the good work if you have like minded people to encourage you.

FR sent
  • Magdalena_adams91
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • cmaguire305
    cmaguire305 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • ammeg1234
    ammeg1234 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've added you! I'm also in need of some motivation :)
  • idnac74
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add me as well.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hello, good luck and any can feel free to add me for motivation or to just talk
  • Hansonian
    Hansonian Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That's not desperate at all! I'm sure everyone on this site does it! :) Feel free to add me! I'm always good for some motivation!
  • sausens
    sausens Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Added you all! Motivation is powerful.
  • SarahJayne1971
    Options
    Feel free to add me... Im also trying to get down to 9 stone from 12st6lb :)
  • ricomincia
    ricomincia Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Could do with a good dose of motivation myself!!! :)

Been on here since last July time and lost around 11kg - but Xmas hols and bad weather has thrown me off track for a few weeks!

Good luck and whatever happens stick at it..... it's a journey full of twists. Just keep your goal in your head at all times..... It's as much psychological as physical... :D
  • Tanteee
    Tanteee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Dgangaware
    Dgangaware Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome! People on here are so supportive! Please feel free to add me! :) And Best of Luck!
  • AprilEternity
    AprilEternity Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like, the more the merrier and anyone else for that matter. I've kind of fallen off the wagon and need to get back on myself.
  • kezwbatay
    kezwbatay Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm quite new also...feel free to add me...it's nice to get motivation from others :)
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Not desperate at all! I've been on for nearly 3 years and still struggle from day to day, but I wouldn't still be here if it weren't for the support & motivation from my great group friends - they keep me going! Feel free to add me!
  • TayNLansNGraysDad
    TayNLansNGraysDad Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. This goes for everyone!
  • AnnieAustineer
    AnnieAustineer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OP - I've sent you a friend request. Also fairly new (despite the fact I joined in 2012 and didn't get round to using the site until now), female and in the UK (and with LOADS of weight to lose) .
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Not desperate or whiny just realistic. We all need motivation sometimes.Feel free to add me
  • harass33
    harass33 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am just gonna post my profile.

I am 36 and a mother of one and wife to an amazing husband. I am not considered overweight, but still have a pouch from being pregnant 3 years ago and well enjoy beer and wine ;-)

STUPID ABS! lol

I try to workout between 4 to 6 times a week. I am doing the Bikini Body Mommy 90 Day Challenge right now. I have done Insanity and T25 Alpha & Beta. I tend to get board with a workout so I have to change it up or I stop doing it. I eat healthy but still will not resist enjoying the good things in life.
    I have a very F'ed up sense of humor and I try to help others. Sometimes people think I am a "know it all" but I only can tell you what has worked for me and my past experiences. I love to learn from others and need inspiration as much as I try to give it.

Why I want to get into shape.
    I have a heart condition (MVP - mitral valve prolapse). For most this never will bother them or even know they have it. Dr.s are 90% sure I will either have to have my valve replaced or fixed in a few years. So the stronger my heart the longer I can put it off. I want to be strong from my daughter and husband. I lost my mother at a young age (65) to heart issues in 2013. I am still not over her loss. I don't want either of them to lose me from something I might have control over.
    I also want to look my best. Admit you feel sexier and
  • Chelestra
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)