Hunger pangs

Options
124»

Replies

• laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Protein, Protein, and more Protein! I shoot for 130 grams protein a day! I'm never hungry!

Breakfast - 3 Egg omelet or HIGH protein cereal with milk

Snack - Low fat Greek yogurt with berries

Lunch - salad loaded with protein!

Snack - Hummus and veggie

Dinner - Protein and veggie
  • mssierra2u
    mssierra2u Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Fiber is your friend: fruits, veggies and beans. Fiber Choice. So is hot tea.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Eat 5-6 smaller meals daily. It's help me during the day.
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary, if that is accurate, I can see why you are hungry! you need to eat more and more filling foods rich in protein and vitamins and minerals, and fiber!

Because of your phobia I would look up recipes designed for kids. There are lots of ways to hide veggies in foods and make healthier options appealing. Is it possible you suffer from Sensory Processing Disorder? Food issues are an area that is common with it.

http://www.spdfoundation.net/about-sensory-processing-disorder.html

and def drink water.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I remember having that conversation with my dietician. I felt like I was eating reasonably well, but was still hungry.

2 things:

More protein. Focus on the protein, and the carbs/fats will take care of themselves. If you're going to go over on anything, protein is a better choice.

More fiber. I get my fiber in by having chocolite protein bars (www.healthsmartfoods.com). They have about 10 g protein, about 10g fiber, about 100 calories, and are sugar free/gluten free. My fav's are triple chocolate fudge, and cookies-n-cream.

When she told me about getting in more fiber, I started using those, and the next month, lost 12 pounds. She said looking at my diary was amazing because my fiber shot up, and my sugars (not blood sugar, but the sugar in foods) took a dive. The charts that MFP gave her were pretty amazing.

Good luck!