Green Tea

Options
What is the best green tea to drink? I'm not overly keen on the taste of plain green tea so was looking at trying a flavour? Will I still get the benefits of drinking green tea if I go for a flavour?

P.s - Don't want to pay to much money for it either!

Replies

• hils2284
    hils2284 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    im currently drinking twinings green tea with cranberry, they have loads of lovely combos and usually on offer somewhere?
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I drink white tea (well, there's some green tea leaves in the bag too). It's Lipton Peach Mango White Tea. So yummy!! I replaced my afternoon coffee with the tea, and it's got a little caffeine so it's got the little kick I need!

http://www.liptontea.com/product/detail/141516/island-mango-peach-white-tea
  • lightmouse
    lightmouse Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love Twinings green tea with lemon in the morning, and orange and lotus flower and peach flavour are lovely in the daytime. I get mine in Morrisons, but I think they are reasonably priced in most supermarkets :-)
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    If green tea has any impact on weight loss at all, it is negligible. Polyphenols in green tea don't burn fat (they're still good for your cardiovascular health, though), and specifically the polyphenol EGCG doesn't raise metabolism (it suppresses appetite when consumed in large quantities, higher than you find in steeped green tea). I'm not saying that polyphenols aren't good. They are.

Based on that, you should drink the brand that you like the best. If you like jasmine, drink that. If you like adding chunks of dried fruit, you can do that. You can even buy the cheapest green tea at the store and add a little lemon and honey.

I love green tea for just being green tea. I prefer a simple sencha or ocha (simple loose leaf tea) that I brew in a French press with nothing added. Sometimes I add a little dried mango or mix it with jasmine tea.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Private Selection acai berry, blueberry pomegranate. It's from Kroger, $1.99 for 20 bags. It's the only one I can drink straight but It's pretty good with a tsp of Stevia in it too.
  • luciewhitefield25
    luciewhitefield25 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Ah lovely thanks guys,
    I'm definitely going to try a flavour! I am trying to drink it instead of tea's and coffee :) I tend to drink a lot of tea and coffee in the cold as my office gets cold so hopefully green tea as an alternative will help!!
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I really like the Lipton brand green tea with honey and lemon. Really good, and not expensive either.
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I put a bag of mint tea in the cup with a green tea bag and that gives it a bit more flavor!
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I found Tazo Peachy Green that is delicious, still a green tea but its blended with other teas and has a sweeter flavor. You can get it at Target, they have a lot of options there for teas and the prices are the best I could find (at least around here)
  • mummybabyjojo
    mummybabyjojo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Cherry blossom mixed with green tea is gorgeous! I bought mine online its loose leaf so need to brew it but it is worth it - delicious!
  • Abi198111
    Abi198111 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Twinings Green Tea with lemon is lovely. Really light and refreshing...especially if you're not a lover of Green Tea on its own. Try it weak to begin with and then build up; I leave the bag in now for maximum benefit.

I usually buy it from Asda or my local Co-op for about £1.20 for 20 bags
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Twinings green tea with jasmine is my ultimate favourite. Really light and refreshing. GT with lemon is good too
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    omg citrus jasmine green tea by lipton <3
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Culinary Circle (I believe this is a Jewel Brand) has an amazing Acai berry pomegranate green tea!! Seriously, its AH-MAZING!! I could drink it all day every day.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I love jasmine green tea and green tea infused with citrus. both by bigelow which is $2 a box of 20 bags... I'm addicted to jasmine green tea witha little blue agave as sweetener.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm currently obsessed with Bigelow Green Tea with Pomegranate. It is so delicious and flavorful!
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    ditto and peppermint tea is naturally decaf... so a little cafeine and a little no caffeine.....
  • fedup30
    fedup30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Lipton has some nice berry flavors!
  • silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    twinings just brought out three new green teas - gingerbread (smells amazing though tastes like slightly gingery green tea), salted caramel (currently drinking which tastes almost as good as it smells) and caramelised apple (haven't tried yet)
    i have green tea at work as we don't have a cold water machine, i don't trust the tap and want to make hot water more interesting. i tend to use one teabag for the day and top it up.
    another way of making it cheaper is to get a big bag of loose tea and use a tea infuser. peppermint is my favourite for this :)
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    i drink liptons green teas. they have a variety of flavors. My favorite so far is the acai and melon one. and theyre only a little over 2 bucks here.