Let's Be Fitness Pals :D ( Any PCOS Cysters out there?)

Options
What it be homies?!?!

(btw I'm just a goober, I don't really talk that way, I just enjoy being silly)

Let's motivate each other! I am a 28 year old woman with a sense of humor about everything and a social butterfly! However, its hard to flap my little wings being that I am 5'6" and sadly 310lbs of absolute awesomeness!

I'd love to find some friends here to help each other stay motivated, share diet stories, recipes and maybe some exercising tips!

I have PCOS and fellow Cysters are always appreciated!

Hmm, oh! It'd be nice too if I could find some people nearby so we could meet and workout together? I don't know, I'm just super excited!!

Add me pretty please with little glittering Panda kisses on top?? :P

Replies

• SerenaBeans08
    SerenaBeans08 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have PCOS too! Let's be friends :) Add me if you want :)
  • RockStarlaa
    RockStarlaa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've never been diagnosed but have been suspicious. I am totally giggling over "cysters"... cute :)

Add me, I'd love some friends to keep me motivated and encouraged!
  • Sinfu1Panda
    Sinfu1Panda Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :)
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS although I'm largely asymptomatic at the moment. My weight is largely under control and I have a Mirena coil to deal with period issues.

It's amazing how much exercise and weight loss can help with symptoms!
  • Sinfu1Panda
    Options
    I have PCOS although I'm largely asymptomatic at the moment. My weight is largely under control and I have a Mirena coil to deal with period issues.

I agree. I saw a huge difference when I was doing WW a few years back. Unfortunately that isn't an option for me this time so here I am! I'd also like to point out that I don't have all the symptoms all the time, that may not be as bad. They just like to annoy me and come and go over time lol .. Good luck to you on your journey :)
  • ErinKEbert
    ErinKEbert Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS, too, and I'm trying to learn what I can about managing it through diet & exercise, as I've found the medicines make me feel horrible! Feel free to add!
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I don't have PCOS that I know of, but I have hashimoto's.. autoimmune sisters? LOL
  • KarenBoehlke
    Options
    I have PCOS, a wacky sense of humor that doesn't always get appreciated, two beautiful sons (10 years apart, because of PCOS issues), and (though I'm no social butterfly) my eldest son has forced me out of my shell so to speak. So, if that qualifies me as a cyster-friend, I'm here for you.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options

I agree. I saw a huge difference when I was doing WW a few years back. Unfortunately that isn't an option for me this time so here I am! I'd also like to point out that I don't have all the symptoms all the time, that may not be as bad. They just like to annoy me and come and go over time lol .. Good luck to you on your journey :)

Don't worry, I wasn't really recommending the coil, just saying that I have one. :-)

I took up weight training last year and it absolutely changed my life, so now my journey is all about getting stronger. :-)
  • Sinfu1Panda
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm really hoping that I can finally make the changes in my life that I need to, starting here :)
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hey, there! Your post made me smile. :) Cyster here! 41 years old, mom of two excellent little boys. I'm a huge geek, love horror movies, and I'm really just a big goofy kid. I fought my weight for years, finally being told by one ob/gyn that no matter what I did, I was going to be overweight. I hated that little dude. So I went and lost 30 lbs just to prove him wrong. :wink:

I love to exercise, but I'm stalled out on weight loss, so I'm constantly trying to tweak my diet. I'm currently testing out Nutrisystem. Our hormones make the diet part of this so hard! Feel free to add me!