Valentines Day Wrecked me--Trying to recover

Options
So I had been doing great on my diets every since the holidays passed, yet on valentines day I decided to take my woman out for a special dinner. I ended up just not counting the day but it has sort of spiraled. Since valentines day ive been eating easily over 3000 calories when before I was sitting at 1400-1800 calories/day.

I can't help it either, my will power has gone. Before valentines day I weighed in at 172.8 lbs and today I weighed in at 178.6.

I don't know how to control this, are there any tips you can offer me?

Thanks!

-Justin

Replies

• chazerlaa
    chazerlaa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just force yourself to track every day, and set yourself a calorie goal so that you know exactly how much you need to eat. I find this site very useful for accurately calculating the calories you need depending on your activity level, age, height and weight http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    As for willpower I just imagine that when I eat more then I should that I am just a greedy pig stuffing my face and am repulsive, this usually helps, if not I work out how many calories the thing im craving is, if its loads then I dont give in and say to myself do I really need to eat this?
    Also if you really mess up just make sure you get some extra exercise in, it should help prevent the damage from your slipup.
    Then just start afresh the next day and try even harder to eat the right amount.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    1. Take a deep breath..yes you messed up. Ok time to start again...
    2. Just start today or tomorrow after lunch whatever you need to do and get back on track. Victory ( goal weights) aren't gained or lost in a week..its a lifestyle choice.

Good luck
  • Jsphine
    Jsphine Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    don't try to punish yourself... today is a new day, start fresh!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I just start taking it one day at a time, literally. Now I've been planning what I'm going to eat tomorrow, and I prepare it and stick to it. I've been doing well this week. Once you start to get rolling it definitely becomes easier. Or even just start one meal at a time.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Start logging. Nothing slows me down like that.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Ha ha........Keep on truckin'!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Why are you trying to eat 1400 calories? How much weight do you have to lose?

I'm going to suggest that you'll have better dietary adherence eating at a more modest calorie deficit. You're a dude...1400 calories is pretty much inappropriate calorie intake for any guy I know.

When I was losing and using MFP my calorie goal was around 1850 + exercise...on average I was eating around 2100 - 2200 gross and I lost around 40 Lbs in about 8 months or so. It was slow, but steady and it wasn't painful in the least.
  • JustALifestyle
    JustALifestyle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Its been a while since ive kept a log but I think ima keep a log and just keep myself busy.

One thing I do remember is that if I sit around the house all day im bound to snack more, however if I keep busy food just doesn't enter my mind.

Thanks all!