What's A Good MultiVitamin

Options
I have a hard time getting enough fruits and vegetable in my diet and I know I need my macros so I am looking for a good multi to supplement with?

Replies

• Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    One that is not made in China.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I do Centrum - they vary them as to age, needs. I do Centrum Silver Womens 55+
  • djobrian10
    djobrian10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the brand Optimum Nutrition
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    A woman losing weight can take a prenatal. They're usually good, FYI.

What I look for, though, is one that includes all my iron, calcium, D and Bs, but not a mega-dose of A. But that's me personally.
  • captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You are going to get a lot of people that will tell you no multi is good, and some that tell you that adding a multi is important. The best strategy is to figure out what areas you are deficient in and supplement that. I take a Flintstones chewable, I know odd but it matches area that I tend to be a little light in (Iron and B) as a vegetarian. But there are a lot vitamins out there with various blends of things. That being said, you are generally better finding good food sources for items.
  • kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i take the store brand version of women's one a day... it costs less and if you read the label it has all the same stuff in it.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Vitamin World has a woman's formula that I love called Ultra Woman Max. It's jam packed with every vitamin and mineral you can think of, plus herbs, veggie, etc.

You can see the label here.
    http://www.vitaminworld.com/vf/labels/051515VW.pdf
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I take Spring Valley brand Prenatal Vitamins. I get pretty much all the nutrients I need to help me stay on track.
  • benlambrou
    benlambrou Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like the brand Optimum Nutrition

agreed. my wife takes the optiwoman and i take the optiman.

instead of the 3 a day it says i just take 1 so i am only getting 1500X what i need instead of 4500X so a $15 bottle lasts 3 months
  • aufond
    aufond Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Target's "Up&Up" has an "adults' multivitamin/multimineral dietary supplement" which is their generic version of "Centrum Silver" (of course, the Target brand is more affordable). Dr. Oz says that you should split your vitamin pill in half and take one half during the first part of your day, the second later, because otherwise you'll end up peeing away a significant portion. (But he adds that if you don't do that, a whole vitamin supplement is still better than nothing!)
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am on a limited diet (under doctor supervision) and she has me taking the Centrum multivitamins to help fill in the gaps from what I am not getting from the foods that are not on the diet, along with a calcium supplement
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I take myovite. It's a pill packet.
  • timrpm
    timrpm Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Try eating more fruit and vegetables. How hard can it be?
  • valerier77
    valerier77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been considering a liquid multivitamin for better absorption... Any thoughts?