Starting C25K Tomorrow

Options
Anyone looking to start it wanna buddy up and do it with me?!

I'm thinking of making a group.

Replies

• PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Group made!

Come! Lets run so we can survive the zombie attacks!
  • jadelucywatson1
    jadelucywatson1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started it today, it's great. Did it a while ago and got to week 3, but injury and illness made me stop. Back to it now!
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong to want to join but not want to buy an app?
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    There already is an active C25k group with a lot of supportive people, both doing it and did it, there.
  • Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I started today also...would like to join you!
  • Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    The beginners app is free to try out..
  • dreamer48216
    Options

Not at all. You don't need an app to do it. Just a timer! The instructions are definitely out there for free...
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    No app is needed if you don't want one. It's all written out on websites.

There are also free apps and free webcasts
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Outstanding, thank y'all.
  • PinkyFett
    Options
    Yay! Thanks guys and girls :)

I'm excited to start this. I've always wanted to run.
  • PinkyFett
    Options
    :drinker:
    0400772 Posts: 80
    Options
    Hey guys

Im looking to start C25k. Im 4 stone overweight since having my daughter and its proving difficult.

My mum was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer so im looking to enter the 10k race for life (plan on running 5k and walking 5k if I can run more I will)

Is this programme good?
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi
    i have just finished week 2 and a bit scared as looked at week3 day 1, but its a great programme really enjoying it, i can only manage twice a week but been swimming and spinning in between.
    0400772 Posts: 80
    Options
    How did you find it to begin with?

Im nervous to start tonight
  • kammyrios
    kammyrios Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 1 tomorrow. My legs are killing me. I need support to continue this! I researched my leg (shn) pain, and think I have shin splints from doing too much too fast. I am going to push through anyway. It is not too bad if I take some Ibuprofen. I am 100 pounds overweight and 47 years old. If I can do this, anyone can! Count me in!
  • fimary
    Options
    HI
    hope you got on well last night, the first time i did week 1 it took me 3 weeks to complete it, i just worked it up gradually, i thought i would struggle from week1 to week 2 but did it straight through, bit worried about week 3 and running 3 minutes but if i only do 2 minutes fine, next day will do 2 and half minutes then 3.

now i am an unfit 4ft 10, 57 lbs overweight 44 year old woman if i can do it then i am sure anyone can

good luck everyone
  • fimary
    Options
    Week 2 day 1 tomorrow. My legs are killing me. I need support to continue this! I researched my leg (shn) pain, and think I have shin splints from doing too much too fast. I am going to push through anyway. It is not too bad if I take some Ibuprofen. I am 100 pounds overweight and 47 years old. If I can do this, anyone can! Count me in!

i think the secret it to go slow and do more rather than race, the walk i only do at 5km and the run/jog at 6km, my legs ache but i hope thats a good thing and means i am using them for the first time in ages, i am also trying to swim a lot and do a couple of spinning classes to give me an all round fitness increase as well.
  • kammyrios
    kammyrios Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I slowed down a little today, and I am sore, but no real pain! I am doing it! I am so proud of myself for getting off the couch! Keep it up people! It is doable, and will get easier!! * big smile*
  • fimary
    Options
    going to try week 3 day 1 tonight, bit scared lol
  • mellowyellow85
    Options
    I'm currently on week 5 of c25k and as someone who has never run a day in her life and is not "in shape" I would say this program definitely works! You start off slow and alternate between jogging and walking and the running time gradually increases. Today the jogging time went up to 8minutes - week 1 I was struggling with the 1 minute or whatever it was of jogging, so to be able to run 8 minutes without stopping today was amazing for me!

Anyone who is looking to get into running and considering this program - DO it! It works! :)