Lost Almost 30 Pounds (Each!) With Pics!!

Options
This is a "in progress" success story. We still both have a ways to go but I am so proud of the work we put in so far. My Husband and I went to the Virgin Islands last year and had such a great time we did it again this year. After looking at pictures from last year, I got really upset with my weight so around October 2013 I decided to do something about it. I had an old MFP account from one of the other times I tried to lose weight and gave up. I started back up here and this time I actually didn't quit. After seeing my success and how easy it was for me (and that I could still eat whatever I wanted), my husband decided to create an account too. He started his journey in January 2014 and has had amazing success!

We both love fast food and eat it 2-4 times a week. We also love sushi and we did All You Can Eat once or twice a month and we usually go over on AYCE days. We just make sure that we budget our calories the week before and it seems to be working out. I've cut out soda completely while my husband has opted for diet sodas. I also switched from whole fat milk to almond milk. Other than those few changes, we eat the same foods we always did; we are just watching how much we eat now.

The pictures are from our last trip to the Virgin Islands February 2013 and this year's trip February 2014. From January 2014 to mid-February, my husband has lost 28 pounds! He has done an amazing job! From when I started in October 2013 to mid-February, I lost 27 pounds. Here are my stats:

Height: 5'5
SW: 185.2
CW: 158
GW: 145ish

And now for pictures!

3bd75b2f-a24e-4992-a062-4a2eb78c2810.jpg?t=1393253559

PhotoGrid_1393298375337.jpg?t=1393253601

PhotoGrid_1393297607620.jpg?t=1393253624

PhotoGrid_1393294169689.jpg?t=1393253648

Replies

• Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Aww you guys are adorable!! And full of smiles! i LOVE it!!

Congrats to you and your husband and good luck with your continued success to come! :):flowerforyou:
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am hoping my husband gains the same inspiration as yours! I think he's starting to pay attention, so I'm hoping. You guys look great and so very happy!
  • mochakochalatte
    mochakochalatte Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    awesome girl you are doing great!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    you look so great!! congratulations on your 30 lb loss!! :):)
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both of you! You look awesome! Keep up the great work.
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    How stinkin' adorable are you two?!? Congratulations on your success!
  • runmamarun7
    runmamarun7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You guys are the cutest couple ever!!! I love that blue bathing suit super cute!!!!
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You guys rock! You look fabulous!
  • chriscut101
    Options
    Very inspirational! Well done to you both! You look so happy! Thanks for sharing!
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and congrats to everyone on your own success! We both worked really hard and I'm so proud of the results so far! Hopefully, with more work and dedication, we will both be at our goal weight by this August for our fancy anniversary dinner! It's the one time a year I can make him dress up all fancy with a tie and everything!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - WELL DONE!!
  • laurelthistle
    laurelthistle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! You look great and I love your hair!
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I love the virgin islands. I spent a week in St John a couple years back and really want to return. Where do you go in the VI? Any suggestions?
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I love the virgin islands. I spent a week in St John a couple years back and really want to return. Where do you go in the VI? Any suggestions?

We have a timeshare on St. Thomas (it's a point system so we can use it anywhere). We went to St. John for a day this last trip and we really weren't all that impressed. It's very pretty over there but there's a lot more stuff on St. Thomas. We like to eat in Red Hook, there's 3 or 4 places we like there and we like to shop downtown. St. John just didn't have a lot of the tourist stuff that we like to do. But St. John is a good place to go if all you're looking for it beaching and maybe bar hopping. St. Thomas is best if you want more options and want shopping. St. Thomas has nice beaches too! Next time you go back I would say either stay on St. Thomas or at least plan a day trip over there.
  • missrvromans
    missrvromans Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats! you'e efforts are definitely paying off! :) i have the same hopes for myself and my fiancé! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    wow@!
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!! You both look so happy and you look fabulous!! You should be very proud! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!