Subway

Options

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    The "flatizza" is a play on words for pizza...it's pizza on a flatbread. Which is obvious...I don't see why it's a surprise it's loaded with calories.

And Subway is not health food...it's fast food. Don't let them fool you.

It's food. All food is food. Eating Subway is no different than going to the grocery store and buying bread, deli meat and veggies and putting them all together.

Thanks Captain Obvious. Food is food.

My point is some people will choose Subway over a burger joint believing they are making a better choice. Unless you are going to research calorie counts before ordering at Subway you will be shocked, as she was.

Please define 'fast food' versus 'health food'.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    The "flatizza" is a play on words for pizza...it's pizza on a flatbread. Which is obvious...I don't see why it's a surprise it's loaded with calories.

It's food. All food is food. Eating Subway is no different than going to the grocery store and buying bread, deli meat and veggies and putting them all together.

My point is some people will choose Subway over a burger joint believing they are making a better choice. Unless you are going to research calorie counts before ordering at Subway you will be shocked, as she was.

Health food takes forever and is difficult to cook so you burn more calories while cooking it LOL:drinker:
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    In. 'Cause you know with a topic like 'Subway....' it's gonna be good.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    In. 'Cause you know with a topic like 'Subway....' it's gonna be good.

:smokin:
  • mschicagocubs
    Options
    I think you can be uneducated in fast food calories and still go to subway over a mcdonalds and walk out with less calories. Just my opinion.

You make the sandwich to your preference.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    F9HDJo4.gif

"Not fast enough" food.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Health food takes forever and is difficult to cook so you burn more calories while cooking it LOL:drinker:

:laugh:

I was at Subway last night and got a footlong Black Forest Ham on the Italian herb and cheese bread. I skipped the cheese because I knew I was getting extra calories with that bread instead of wheat. I loaded up on veggies, skipped the sauces, and came home and checked the nutrition info before I ate. I had the calories left to eat the whole sandwich, but I wanted to have a snack later in the evening, so I wrapped up the other half for lunch today.

Healthy eating is about making informed choices, whether it's something you cook at home or something you're getting at a restaurant or fast food place. Too many people eat first and tally up later, which is where they might run into problems.
  • Health food takes forever and is difficult to cook so you burn more calories while cooking it LOL:drinker:

I was at Subway last night and got a footlong Black Forest Ham on the Italian herb and cheese bread. I skipped the cheese because I knew I was getting extra calories with that bread instead of wheat. I loaded up on veggies, skipped the sauces, and came home and checked the nutrition info before I ate. I had the calories left to eat the whole sandwich, but I wanted to have a snack later in the evening, so I wrapped
    Healthy eating is about making informed choices, whether it's something you cook at home or something you're getting at a

restaurant or fast food place. Too many people eat first and tally up later, which is where they might run into problems.
  • lanakat
    lanakat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You guys are making me hungry! I love the Oven Roasted Chicken on Wheat. I haven't been to Subway in awhile. I think I may go today. :o) Thanks for all the great advise!
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    subway_sandwich_2.jpg

Just incase reading this isn't making you hungry already :p

I love subway but I just figure it into my calories before I go ordering....
  • Julesdublin
    Julesdublin Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Sooo true! :laugh:
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    subway_sandwich_2.jpg

Just incase reading this isn't making you hungry already :p

I love subway but I just figure it into my calories before I go ordering....

I already satisfied my craving, TYVM. :laugh:

800ish calories later... tummy full of noms!
  • Mr_Boy
    Mr_Boy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bread is the biggest problem IMO. You can easily be talking 350 calories for a plain bread roll/bap/bun.
    Butter/oil is a big issue two. Butter your roll and you could quite easily be near 500 calories before you put any fillings inside.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Bread is the biggest problem IMO. You can easily be talking 350 calories for a plain bread roll/bap/bun.
    Butter/oil is a big issue two. Butter your roll and you could quite easily be near 500 calories before you put any fillings inside.

I don't know what kind of bread and butter you are using, but an ordinary serving of both would be nowhere near that many calories. That's why you are supposed to eat such things in MODERATION.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I'm in for subway bread = a yoga mat. :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

For some of us, 500 calories is a pretty light meal. :smokin:
  • mschicagocubs
    Options

I was at Subway last night and got a footlong Black Forest Ham on the Italian herb and cheese bread. I skipped the cheese because I knew I was getting extra calories with that bread instead of wheat. I loaded up on veggies, skipped the sauces, and came home and checked the nutrition info before I ate. I had the calories left to eat the whole sandwich, but I wanted to have a snack later in the evening, so I wrapped up the other half for lunch today.

Healthy eating is about making informed choices, whether it's something you cook at home or something you're getting at a restaurant or fast food place. Too many people eat first and tally up later, which is where they might run into problems.

^^ Genius!
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi - New to the site and counting calories. For lunch I was ordering a Subway Flatizza w/pepperoni, spinach and onion---light sauce. I looked on their nutritional chart and saw that they listed it at 630 CALORIES!!! The 6 inch chicken breast on wheat is listed at 330 calories!!! I thought I was doing better w/the Flatizza since the flatbread is less than the 6 inch bread. Does anyone have any knowledge as to why the flatizza would be that much more in calories?

630 calories is not that much. The 330 calorie sandwich is without cheese and with mustard. With mayo and cheese you could add another 150-200 calories or more. The serving for mayo is 1 Tbps., and I've never seen them squirt as little as 1 Tbsp. on a sandwich. The salads on the 6g of fat menu with FF Italian dressing would seem like a logical choice if trying to skip calories, not pizza. Know before you go.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options

The one without the ground up yoga mat / sneakers in the bread's ingredient list? :laugh:

Kidding, I'm with you. Calories is calories.
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni and cheese would do that to a calorie count.