Needing encouragement

Options
Hey everyone, I just started to seriously work on losing weight. I have been a member for sometime, but never really did anything. My last Doctor visit, I was told I had to get my cholesterol under control, and to try diet and exercise first. I know how much I need to lose, and have known for some time that I was way above where I should be, but lacked the initiative to go for it. Now I have a reason, and I am so determined. I want to be around to watch my babies grow up and grow old with my children. So...here we go. Feel free to add me if you don't care...I can be supportive, and definitely need the support myself. Have an incredible day!!

Replies

• KrisBitz
    KrisBitz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I too am looking for some encouragement, or anyone who wants to help one another stay on track! Friend request heading your way!

We are more powerful when we stick together!
  • bigtwagner
    Options
    Request sent! We can do this! I am in the same boat. I am always looking for great motivators
  • VeePhillips
    VeePhillips Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I too have high cholesterol that my doctor said through diet and exercise I should be able to get under control. I was also borderline for diabetes, again through healthier eating I should be able to get that under control as well. . I have hypertension which I had to start medication for, too many risks not to. I have hypothyroidism too, that though, I will be on medication for the rest of my life she said. This visit gave me the kick in the butt I needed to get healthy. I lost about 8 lbs is all, then I joined MFP. That's when I really started to change my life.

I started on MFP on Jan. 16, 2014 I am currently down 26 lbs. The support is a huge part of my success. I feel that I can do it this time around (I have lost weight before but gained it and some back). I reached my highest weight in November 2013 of 296. I currently weighed in on Monday and was 263. So I have a 33 lb loss altogether. I use to be a very fit and thin person, I got married had children and gained a lot of weight! I have a goal of 155, I am sure as I lose weight that number will drop too. I just want to be healthy and be able to enjoy time with my family.