Exercise Calories

Options
Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in "fitness and exercise," so I'll move it if I have to.

I've been taking in 1200-1300 calories for the past two weeks (and measured everything via a food scale) and have lost... absolutely nothing. I exercise 5 times a week, moderate intensity, 45-60 minutes, a mix of cardio and strength.

So my question is... do you eat back your exercise calories? All of them? Half? Should I always net 1200 calories or more?

Thanks for your input!

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Eat them back.... Usually about 1/2 and adjust from there.

On another hand.... Your joined date is sep 2010 and your profile says you're 18....so how does that work?
  • onelov3
    onelov3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply :)
    And I joined when I was pretty young, still in high school at 14 ish, so I ended up lying about my age for 4 years.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Also, a legit 12-1300 calorie intake for an 18 yr old female is really low. Pile 45-60 min of cardio on there and it's even worse. Do you currently eat back your exercise cals? I would bet you're undersetemating what you're eating. 12-1300 calories per day coupled with that much cardio should equate some sort of weight loss. Can't say for sure....but it really should have.

I would almost bet you should be taking in closer to 1800 and eating back exercise cals for your age and activity level.

Also, if you want more help, please open your diary.

Ht and Weight.