Wii Game Suggestions?

Options
Hi everyone. I'm looking for Wii Games that are fun and provide a decent beginner workout. Anyone have any suggestions? I already have Wii Fitt Plus and Wii Active. Maybe a dancing game? What do you guys like?

Thanks!

Replies

• Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Ahh. I want a dancing game! I always do my wii fit plus. I also want the EA Sport Active
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi there, we have Outdoor Challenge. It's a lot of fun and you really get a good workout with it. I also like the Wii Fit Plus Boxing, and the free step (I watch TV while doing the stepping). Good luck to you. :bigsmile:
  • BlessedMystique
    BlessedMystique Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have My Fitness Coach. It's a pretty decent workout, the instructor Mya has me sweating
    after 10mins. You can adjust the length, music, and intensity of your workout. You can also
    choose which area u want to concentrate on for the day i.e yoga, abs, lower or upper body, cardio
    And she tells you how many cals you burnt at the end of the workout.

I have also been hearing great things about Zumba for Wii. I love dancing so I think I'll get it.
    Only down side I've heard so far is that it takes a while to get the steps. But in my opinion if
    i'm moving i'm working out even if i'm not matching every step exactly!
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Just Dance is loads of fun if you like dancing. =)
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I also have the Wii fit plus and Wii Active. The Wii just came out with Zumba and I understand it's pretty good! Has 10 levels then you have to unlock the final one for the 'zumbathon'!
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Just Dance and Just Dance 2. There's also a Wii Zumba coming out.
    I like some of the Sports Resort ones and Wii Fit of course, but the Fit needs the balance board to go along with it. Sports resort has some that are semi active, but not as much as the dancing games.
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Just bought Zumba for the Wii for Christmas. My hubby says I can't open it :sad: :tongue: but I also go to real Zumba classes twice a week and the instructor says it had her pouring in sweat! She's says it fun and great music! I also have EA Active and Wii Fit Plus. I love those too. Good luck! :happy:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I have "EA Sports Active: More Workouts" and also "Zumba Fitness" for the Wii on my Christmas wishlist this year.
  • mrsdiaz
    mrsdiaz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have the EA Sport Active and I love it!! I highly recommend the package ... but find it on Amazon, its cheaper.
  • bikinikillaer
    Options
    I'm gonna lookup the critic rating for the new Zumba game. Usually 'gamespot.com' has reliable reviews.
    Now I just need to make room for the TV in my bedroom so I don't have to workout in front of my boyfriend and our new roommate! :)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I think I have them all LOL

I started just doing 10 mins of Advanced Step on Wii Fit Plus. Now I do Free Run, Free Step and Boxing.
    Jullian Michaels Fitness Untimatium 2010
    Just Dance and Just Dance 2 (2 is better)
    Just received EA Sports Active so have not tried yet - planned for tomorrow
    Zumba for Wii is an awesome workout - much better than the DVD's
    Have not tried the Biggest Loser for Wii - but I have it too :-)

Get an HRM to see what you burn on these. I have Polar F6 - Polar brand - any that has a chest strap is great.
  • littlet22
    Options
    i totally recommend...
    ea active
    ea active more workouts
    ea active 2 personal trainer

all fun and good workouts.

we also have gold's gym boxing which hasn't gotten used too often, the biggest loser game which i like to an extent but because if a shoulder injury i can't do some of the workouts and of course we love the dancing games and sweat tons! lol
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I saw a rowing machine for Wii in the store.... anyone use one yet? Wouldn't do me much good, my butt hanging over the seat would cause too much "drag" if it moved at all.
  • mynameisdumbnuts
    Options
    We have EA Grand Slam Tennis. It's probably not the most effective workout -- I burned 240 calories in two hours last night -- but it's fun and you don't need any special equipment beyond the remote.