Greetings Fellow Aliens ;p

Options
jamerz3294
jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
Howdy! Obviously, I'm a newbie here, but this *exactly* what I've been looking for! :bigsmile:
I turned the big Five Oh this year, and the doc now says "Metabolic Syndrome", yada, yada, yada... whatever. :grumble: So I do workout, and try to be active, but also just abso luv to eat and drink.:drinker: I've been searching for a site that would let me marry both my exercise, and food intake, into one, simple, easy to use format, and here it is. All kudos to my wonderful wiff for turning me on to this place. :love:
Anyways, I gotta get rid of about 60 lbs, no less, so we'll see what happens here... :glasses:

Replies

• jamerz3294
    Options
    Howdy! Obviously, I'm a newbie here, but this *exactly* what I've been looking for! :bigsmile:
    I turned the big Five Oh this year, and the doc now says "Metabolic Syndrome", yada, yada, yada... whatever. :grumble: So I do workout, and try to be active, but also just abso luv to eat and drink.:drinker: I've been searching for a site that would let me marry both my exercise, and food intake, into one, simple, easy to use format, and here it is. All kudos to my wonderful wiff for turning me on to this place. :love:
    Anyways, I gotta get rid of about 60 lbs, no less, so we'll see what happens here... :glasses:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the funny farm! :smile:

Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

This place is awesome. I SERIOUSLY don't know what I would have done without it.
    One hint though (at least for me), be religious about posting everything you eat, good or bad every single day!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:
    ~kell
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you. Lots of wonderful people here. :flowerforyou:
  • karen1255
    Options
    Welcome! I just discovered the site and I echo your sentiments. . .it's exactly what I needed. My hubby and I are both in pretty much the same place -- 52 years old, and 50 lbs (he), 60 lbs (me) to lose. I look forward to the support and common sense of purpose MFP seems to provide. Best of luck to you. It will be fun to follow your progress even though guys tend to lose more quickly than gals.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yep, seems we're in this together for the long haul. Step by step day by day....one day at a time until the mother ship comes to take us away....haha..haha..hehe..hehe. Oops, here comes the guy in the white coat with the butterfly :flowerforyou: net, think I'll run for the exercise!!!!
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    As long as the guy in the funny, white jacket isn't saying that he's "from the Government and here to help"... then everything will be just fine.... Instead of running from the funny little guy, why not just float serenely out of his reach?