Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone want accountability partners?

Just starting out, and I know I'm gonna need people to help keep me on track and I can't be the only one! I'm 24 years-old 5'1, and 175 lbs wanting to go down to 130 lbs. Right now my allowed caloric intake is at 1500, so I might change loosing 1.5 lbs a week to trying to lose 1 lb a week... not sure yet. I don't really feel comfortable talking to friends and family members about my weight loss. They either tell me I don't need to do it, or become overbearing, watching every bite I take. Not good for me.

So let me know if you want an accountability partner without judgment and only encouragement because that is what I want as well.

Replies

• Welcome to MFP...

You will find amazing people on this site who do nothing but support you...NEVER JUDGE!!!

Please feel free to send friend request.

Have a great day,
    Cherish
  • Alissa_RN
    Alissa_RN Posts: 14 Member
    This website is very supportive, no judgement. I'm always looking for people to keep me on track, so feel free to send me a request :)
    Alissa
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Feel free to add me. I'm a little older than you ;) at 42 but we are the same height. I am currently 152.5 but started in the 160's. I'm trying to get back into making eating healthy and exercising my life style again. I just challenged myself to a 21 day fitness challenge that I hope I can stick to.
  • Welcome - feel free to add me!
  • aless820
    aless820 Posts: 101 Member
    I'm 18 so similar in age! Let me know!
  • deeds2785
    deeds2785 Posts: 70 Member
    Hey! im 28 @ 167lbs wanting to get to 140ish...add me if you like I could always use more support :)
  • KikoAlonsoGal
    KikoAlonsoGal Posts: 88 Member
    I would love to be partners! I'm 29, mommy of 1, 5'0" and 178.8 pounds as of today! Way too much fat on my tiny body! I don't feel comfortable talking to my mom about it because she's very harsh and criticizes me and my husband, while he says he's proud, also says I don't need to lose, although I know he's just trying to be nice. We are pretty similar in height/weight so it would be perfect! Add me if you want!
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Having *positive* accountability helps me stay on track. Anyone can feel free to add me :)

F|37|keto
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Actually, I could use some judgement. . . . :)
  • I'm 30, 5'5 and looking to drop a good 30 lbs, but one step at a time! I'm not great at keeping up to date on the journal, but I'd love to find someone to message with on a regular basis to keep each other on track!
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Beware, and ignore, the haters. They are here. I am not one of them.

Add me if you want. I log daily and my wife is doing WW (4 weeks in now) so I am getting some new food ideas. I just restarted my account due to all the new foods my wife is making me try. I have been around for over 2 years now.
  • aditya2491
    aditya2491 Posts: 39 Member
    I am 23, you can definitely add me :)
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    feel free to add me!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    This place is a great tool to help get you going and the people ive come in contact are wonderful..

even if its only getting a like...to me it means they took time to consider my efforts and I appreciate it.

anyone want additional motivation or someone to talk to give me an add
  • kamalelwa
    kamalelwa Posts: 44 Member
    Would love to have you as a friend--I log on everyday and would love to have someone I can make comments to and get replies--feel free to add me!!!!
  • hismrs2004
    hismrs2004 Posts: 1 Member
    Count me in! I'm a 41 year old mother of 3 (21, and a set of 3 year old twins) 5'3" 199 pounds.. Within the last year I've lost about 50 lbs and recently put back on 10, I definitely could use some accountability partners. I want to loose about 30 pounds.
  • dogpeeps
    dogpeeps Posts: 57 Member
    I would LOVE to have an accountability pal. Please add me to your friend list. :)
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Anyone can add me--I need some regular folks. I looked through my friends' list and quite a few haven't logged in for more than a year. I'm just now getting back into it. I gave birth to a beautiful daughter six months ago, and gained all of my weight back.

I'm 32, 6' tall, and I need to lose 90+ pounds.

I can take judgement, as long as it's not baseless.
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Actually, I could use some judgement. . . . :)
    I know, right???? That's me too... I don't need to be coddled and excused... I need a good kick in the butt every now and then!
  • Hi, I am fairly new as well. Have been on here for about 22 days. I am 24 5'4, 184lbs. Mommy of 2, and trying to get on the right track. Please feel free to add me, would love to have some friends! :)