Desserts?

Options
Do you allow yourself to have a dessert or sweet treat (ice cream, brownies, cakes, donuts, etc.) every once in a while?

Or what about a drink here and there? Wine? Beer? Whiskey?

Or do you avoid them at all costs?

Replies

• IamLioness1
    IamLioness1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I avoid them at all costs. I have no "Cheat Days" My snacks are now apples, almonds, any fruit really and I drink only water or coconut water. :)
  • kyregi
    kyregi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This is my ice cream now: Healthy Choice - Vanilla Bean Frozen Greek Yogurt, 1 bowl
    I like it and it fits right into my diet. not every day, but once or twice a week
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    I work it in if I really want it, otherwise it just leads me to a binge.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet snack pretty much every day. Last night I had the last cookie, so tonight I will be baking brownies. I measure out a serving, or even a half serving, and log it in.

For ice cream, though, I almost always have yonanas (blended frozen bananas), with something mixed in. A few nights ago, chopped almonds and hershey's syrup: I really wanted a cherry on top, but we don't have any.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Some people (like me) eat one, and before they know it, the entire cake/pie/sheet/tub/package is gone.
    I still do it though =)

I'm working on setting up better eating habits because just saying No to sweets ends with my covered in chocolate syrup and shame in a carb coma on the weekends.
  • brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Like you already know, you can have anyting and not effect your goals as long as you remain in your numbers.....with that being said I still have sweets, more specifically I tend to grab a serving (key word serving!!! HAHA) of something sugary and carby which leads me to my ultimate treat, COOKIES!!!!!! I'll eat a serving before I workout to get me quick energy thru it, it's the perfect timign for it.

And yes, I turn into cookie monster so I force myself to buy snack packs or portioned cookies out of the vending machine because if you put a plate of cookies in front of me they're gone before you say "hey want a cookie?"
  • likeabanner
    likeabanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have them and I refuse to deprive myself. Avoiding them at all costs will just make you crave them more and thus drive you to a bingefest........ or a mental breakdown.

I love Belvita cookies for breakfast with a nonfat yogurt. Or sometimes I'll eat either or sometime in the day which fixes my sweet tooth. Sugar free Fudgsicles are fantastic for my cravings since they are only 40 calories a pop. There is also Arctic Zero ice cream which I think is made from whey? I don't know... I don't have the container with me. It's 35 calories per serving and tastes pretty good compared to regular ice cream. I like the cookies and cream, and coffee flavors. Snack Pack also has the fat free and sugar free puddings. And a couple of pieces of chocolate or even skittles never killed anyone. If it gets the sweet tooth out of the way with a few pieces for under 100 calories... what's so wrong about it?

And it's NOT WRONG to have non-diet desserts either. Just a small amount to not spoil you for the whole day.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    And it's NOT WRONG to have non-diet desserts either. Just a small amount to not spoil you for the whole day.

This.
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I work them in. Portion control.
  • susie3g
    susie3g Posts: 267
    Options
    I have whatever I want as long as it's under my calorie goal for the day. :)
  • ClaudiaTheNice
    Options
    I have ice cream every day.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Ice cream every day and good beer multiple times per week here.
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have desserts all the time as well as other unholy/unpure/unclean foods like pizza, mac & cheese, lasagna, etc. and I have found that it has been a lot more beneficial for me than avoiding those foods altogether. Not only have I learned how to enjoy them in moderation, but whenever I'm presented with them while eating out or at someone else's house I no longer have the urge to overindulge, because it's no longer a "OMG ITZ A BROWNIE-MUST EAT NAO!!!" reaction due to me eating that sort of thing routinely.

Granted, I'm not in weight loss mode, so I can afford to be a bit more lax, but I advocate fitting whatever you want into your calorie/macro goals.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Every day
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    4ee21-i-do-what-i-want-cake.jpg?w=417&h=310
  • HealthySideofLife
    HealthySideofLife Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    When I first started eating healthy, it was hard for me to limit my sweets, but now I have the control to eat only one piece of cake, even if the entire thing is in front of me. For my birthday, I wanted cheesecake because I've gotten ice cream cake the past few years. Even though it was a 16 slice sampler, I would eat just one.

I think everyone is different, but for me, I won't take something out of my diet completely or else I'll binge on it one day. I make sure that if I have it, that I have the serving of it. As for drinking, I think I might have about 6 drinks in an entire year. It's not that I'm trying to avoid it, I just am not big on drinking.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Almost daily.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    If I am not planning for it and it happens...I eat part of it and then make my boyfriend finish it! :laugh:

If I am planning on it then it works in my calories and I am good to go!
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    I'm working on setting up better eating habits because just saying No to sweets ends with my covered in chocolate syrup and shame in a carb coma on the weekends.

:laugh: Me too! Why isn't moderation easier?!
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I had pineapple cake just last night (angel food mix with a can of pineapple, mix and bake). I also have frozen yogurt a lot, and don't get me started about alcohol! I'm still recouping from a wine hangover from Sunday :drinker:

I have certain things that I have to avoid because I can't control the portions. Homemade butter tarts are one of them, and they are so high in calories that I'd have to starve myself to save room for them. There's also this yummy spice cake with a cream cheese icing that I could eat in one sitting if it were in the house. Other than that, most sweets don't tempt me beyond a taste.