This can't be good.

Options
Today was measurement day. I lost 2 lbs. 1/2" off my neck and 1/2" off my waist. BUT I went from 32.1% bf to 33.6% bf. I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means....
I use an Omron fat loss monitor.
Please tell me i didn't lose 2# of muscle!

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad - Omron monitors are complete crap.
  • ladycadaverous
    ladycadaverous Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Actually I believe it means you lost weight and gained muscle. Even muscular athletes have been considered obese because of their bmi. No worries..check it twice is my theory. And if I am wrong about this Im sorry...just trying to help.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Pssh I can gain/lose BF% on an Omron just by drinking water and peeing it out. Electrostatic impedance isn't an accurate measure of BF% because it's so dependent on your hydration levels and humidity. You may be able to tell a trend with it over time, but you'll get a more accurate gauge with calipers.
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    You have made my day! Thanks so much.
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Have someone do an actual bodyfat caliper measurement on you. One of the trainers at my gym does it for me. They measure your chest, lovehandle area, and thighs. Then you take those measurements, and there are a ton of online calculators you can input the measurements into. It's more accurate than a scale you can step on.

This is the website I go to after the measurements have been taken: http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

(I utilize the Jackson/Pollock 3 method).

Hope this helps!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    The only bf test I would trust is a dexa scan...don't worry about it....all methods except medically administered such as Dexa or bodpod are always off...even calipers.

I did mine on a website....same one each time to track how much it's being lowered but I don't trust the actually number it gave...just the decrease even that I am leary of ...