Fitbit Force Recall, How to Get Your Refund

Options
This article talks about the Fitbit Force recall due to skin irritation issues. It also explains how to get your refund.

http://www.geeksugar.com/Fitbit-Force-Skin-Irritation-Refund-34126493

Replies

• ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Just saw this. Bumping so that others can see it.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    If you aren't having issues, you don't have to return it right?
  • billdavismqt
    billdavismqt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the people having the skin irritation issue. I contacted the company and they could not have handled it better. They sent me an envelope to send it back to them. I had my check from them before they could have gotten the Fitbit back. Kudos to them.
  • michele_lynn
    michele_lynn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I only got my Force a few weeks ago-- so far no problems at all, I LOVE it. I really don't want to send mine back so I think I'm going to wait until they announce the next generation as I doubt they will do any further firmware support for the Force as they've recalled it.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    If you aren't having issues, you don't have to return it right?

Correct, you only have to return it if you want to.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    According to a post in the Fitbit Users group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1207719-fitbit-force-recall
    To take part in the recall please complete the form in our FAQ (https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/1425569) or call 1-888-656-6381.

Suport will still be provided for clients who decide to keep using the Fitbit Force. Nevertheless, we will not be able to provide future replacements because of the recall.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting a Fitbit Force, but totally unaware that the device contained nickel. That would definitely irritate me. Do the other Fitbits have nickel?
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    THis weekend, I noticed I now have a red spot where the battery rests on my skin. While it *could* be from having sweat or something trapped under the strap, I have a nickel allergy, and I am totally side-eying FitBit for claiming it's a standard ingrediant of surgical stainless steel. Surgical Stainless is what all my piercings are, and they are most definitely nickel free!

I've filled out the online web form to get the return envelope. I guess I'll end up buying the flex to replace it, but I wish there was a better option on the market. I really did like the display of the Force.
  • monette13
    monette13 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am sad that I have to return my Force as well. I love the options that the Force has and I can't wait for them to have a replacement. I called and asked them when they would be coming out with the new Force, they said they are in the works but no ETA.
    I have tried to wear things under the nickel plate, but it still irritates, so not luck in keeping it. :( Bummer...
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting a Fitbit Force, but totally unaware that the device contained nickel. That would definitely irritate me. Do the other Fitbits have nickel?

The Flex does not have this problem.
  • chamblee01
    chamblee01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been waiting over a month for my refund check, still nothing! Any one get theirs yet, or have first hand experience with how long it took to receive their check?
  • elyons12
    elyons12 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have not gotten my refund either
  • anne456
    anne456 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten my refund yet either, its been about six weeks. :(