Insanity, missed a day :(

Options
Hi i am new here but i cant get much of an answer from anyone i know, i am not fit and very overweight :(

I was on week 5 and got a bit ill on friday done the work out but ended up feeling like crap so i didnt do day 6 on saturday
and took the day off, i have been reading alot about this and see people working out on the day off and how that could be bad as well, anyways too much stuff out there and was wondering if anyone on here could tell me if i should just start week 5 again or if i should add the workout onto the end and make it 64 days or if i should do 2 work out,

i am down about 10kg from starting this and dont want to give up i followed the work out program starting this monday and just finished it tonight, and could adjust my work out if people think i should redo week 5 again

thanks to anyone that helps :D

Replies

• mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    If you only missed one day ... just make your normal rest day a go day!

If you missed Friday and your normal rest is Sunday ... just work out Sunday!
  • gibbiyibbi
    Options
    i see i would have done that but its past now and on sunday i still felt like crap as i did yesterday, but i jumped back into it on monday there, but i know i was no where close to what i could do last week cause i felt so bad :(

i think its a hard one is 1 day so bad but then i have gotten to where i am with all these 1 days :/
  • emilykw31
    emilykw31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A couple of good rules of thumb for working out that can go hand in hand:

1) I've heard this for runners but it can go for anybody: on a day when you don't feel like running (doing your workout), make yourself go for a couple miles (or a good 25 to 30% into your workout). If you still want to stop, then stop. But if the tiniest bit of you is proud and enjoying the sweat, then keep going. Listen to your body. Then try again tomorrow.

2) If you're ill: the illness is above the neck, you can still work out and push through if you feel like it (head colds, etc) but if it's below the neck (coughing from the lungs, stomach issues, etc) then take a rest!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with missing a day. Don't be discouraged! Don't worry about what happened a day or two ago, just look forward to today's workout. And it's supposed to be difficult :smile: enjoy the sweat!
  • Dreamingallday
    Options
    I use P90X as a workout guideline. I try to do as many days in a row as possible, but my work/sleep schedule just won't allow it if I don't want to end up sick or passed out. I still notice results, after all, I am eating better and moving much more than I used to. That is what it really boils down to.

Once you are feeling better, start back where you left off and move forward on your journey. Best of luck :)
  • gibbiyibbi
    Options
    tyvm emilykw31 ^^ that makes it alot better to have a kinda rule.

i was kinda scared as well as normally when its something like this i am just give up cause i just dont wanna do it, but this is something else i look forward to it. prob cause it not the gym and i just dont like it lol.

but you think it will be ok to miss a day and still be ok to keep going with week 6?

i will prob do it again or i think i will try P90X 1 2 or 3 next lol

@Dreaminggallda is P90X long? more than 1hr per work out?
  • mschicagocubs
    Options
    Missing a day here and there is a lot better than giving up and sitting on your couch. Push yourself to finish it! You can always go back and do certain weeks again or the whole program!
  • gibbiyibbi
    Options
    thanks mschicagocubs so true

i feel like i have kinda over come something just by staying at it and getting up and going back to it.

kinda feel addicted to it, having to get my workout done now :D
  • mschicagocubs
    Options
    thanks mschicagocubs so true

i feel like i have kinda over come something just by staying at it and getting up and going back to it.

kinda feel addicted to it, having to get my workout done now :D

I loved it! I was so out of shape when I did it so the results are more noticeable to me than anyone. I am going to do it again this summer after I drop a few more lbs!
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Baby steps count, so long as they're in the right direction.

Illness is just one of the bumps in the road we face. That just means it will take 1 day longer to get the results you want. Over the lengthy span of however long that is...it doesn't make a big dent.

The big thing is to add positivity to your point of view on things (ie. look on the bright side). You made the right decision to not work out while ill. You potentially kept someone at the gym who has a weak immune system safe from this illness. It only cost you 1 day, and you learned a lesson in that day - it's not easy...that's why it's called a *work*out routine.

Keep up the awesome work you've done, because it's worth it not just in the end, but the journey along the way can have the most inspiring experiences.
  • Dreamingallday
    Options
    tyvm emilykw31 ^^ that makes it alot better to have a kinda rule.

i was kinda scared as well as normally when its something like this i am just give up cause i just dont wanna do it, but this is something else i look forward to it. prob cause it not the gym and i just dont like it lol.

but you think it will be ok to miss a day and still be ok to keep going with week 6?

i will prob do it again or i think i will try P90X 1 2 or 3 next lol

@Dreaminggallda is P90X long? more than 1hr per work out?

Sorry for the delayed reponse here. It's about an hour a day on average. I love it, it kills me, and I love it